BA XR6 Performance Upgrade Suggestions

290HPBAXR6

• Member For: 3y 9m 16d

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to Performance Upgrades, so I thought I'd get some ideas from some of you experienced performance junkies. 

I have recently bought a BA XR6 that has already had Stage 3 cams fitted, oversized injectors, extractors, an X-Force exhaust and lowered about an inch and a half. It was performance tuned by a reputable company and dyno'd at just under 300hp. So it's no slouch. 

It needs some repairs done, rear struts/shocks, diff, one of the front bearings sounds like it's on its way out and some fibreglass needs some loving on front and rear bumpers. And an idling problem (surging revs and stalling on occasions) which I will hopefully have sorted over the next week. 

What I want to know is, aside from the obvious turbo upgrade, what else can I do to it to give it that extra VROOOM I love?? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 👍

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

300hp is slow. :P xD  :Welcome2FordXR6t:

also that's a weirdly low figure for a car that's had cams fitted, as that's usually one of the last power mods you do when chasing big big power... the previous owner must have wanted cams for some other reason (idle sound, probably)

when you're going for mods on a B-series, the basics to start off to get to around 300rwkW (we talk kW here, not hp) are injectors, dump+cat high flow parts of the exhaust (you've got these two, most likely), turbo actuator and a lift fuel pump plus a custom dyno tune.

it shouldn't be stalling or surging and you'd definitely want that sorted well before setting up any dyno time.

edit: oh, everything I wrote above is for a XR6T, not a N/A XR6... basically it's not worth doing any power mods for an N/A XR6 as you should sell up and buy a turbo equivalent if you want any more grunt than you already have.

• Like 1