New build - EFR 9174?

cdaiscool

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 26d

Yeah 0.83 T3 IWG rear with my efr9174. It flows pretty well, spools just as quick as the stock 3576 or the gtx3576 gen1. The mid range is mind boggling, made the gtx at 390rwkw feel pedastrian. Goes 480-500 rwkw on E85 and then Iam out of injector. I have a built engine with Howard rods and built driveline with CF driveshaft, twin bush hat, wavetrack etc. Only weakness is probably my single plate clutch, but has lasted 40k so far. With 275 semi slicks it grips and goes hard in the dry.

Still think if I was starting from scratch now tge G series would be near top of the list.

One really under rated turbo is the PTE6466. Went 440rwkw on pump98 with pretty quick spool. Was a $1500 easy bolt on back when released.

• Like 1

• Member For: 3y 9m 15d

Car's getting wired up now, hoping to schedule it for a remote tune with an Aussie tuner once I have oil pressure. Already got a hub dyno and a wheel dyno available to tune on, just gotta see what's open/available when the tuner's available - have messaged with Jet about having him do the honor. 

I stuck with the stock turbo for now, but we used a twin scroll v-band in/out manifold. Once it's sorted and driving for a while, I can swap out the turbo for a Gen2 GTX3576 or 82 and see if the exhaust manifold's choking it out. If so, then I'll cut off the twin scroll, go open manifold v-band, and stuff a G series or an EFR on it at that point (or who knows what'll be available in 1-2 years). Everything else is there for supporting upwards of 500kw (ID 1300x injectors, oil pump/plate, valve springs, Atomic HD timing chain, upgraded dampener, Haltech Elite PNP, TH400 trans, 8.8 rear end, Weldon 2035 pump and goodies, 4" downpipe and exhaust) which is my ultimate end-all goal. Should be a sporting good time in a '65 Mustang coupe. 

Figured I'd give an update on it as it has been a while since I've posted, and I see it's picking up activity again upwards of 2 years later. 

As for the one previously asking where I am, I'm around Ann Arbor, MI!