SZ Territory Turbo Conversion

Romulus

• Member For: 9y 11m 11d

Hi Romulus,

Just a question on the Terry front diffs you have. I'm after some measurements from the diff itself, but only if you've disassembled either of them. I was after measurements in between the side gears, and measurements between the pinion gears. Again only if you've got them apart. Trying to find any info on these diffs is near on impossible. 

m70 diff.PNG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

de0a975b347b02d0cef24e79989b031f.jpg
07941c24132ddea7e8db927c4186f1e1.jpg
26db29b2e8554393ca2bddb690ae3024.jpg
ad6add394abda31b194ef0923d167030.jpg

Re bush rime. Replacing all the factory bushes with Superpro. Given the cars only done 75000kms some of the original bushes are in bad condition, namely the front inner control arm and the radius arms. Ordered replacement radius arms rather than replacing the bushes alone.

I ordered a 3.07 CW&P to replace the factory 3.23 gears as they were whining more than the bed wetters afraid of the government opening the borders. Alas, the 3.07 gears didn't work as they were not for the M86 diff as advertised. They'll be going back for a refund.

Have to replace the right driveshaft as the outer shaft is leaking, spraying grease all over the shock absorber boot.

I should feel some improvement to handling and hopefully the intermittent shuddering during braking will go away with the new bushes.

Edited by Romulus
  • Like 3

• Donating Members
On 31/10/2020 at 2:18 PM, k31th said:

should be a good upgrade :spoton:

It is. Bush upgrade has made a big improvement to handling. Car feels much sharper, heaps better on centre feel and the pulsating under braking is gone. The radius arm bushes and inner lower control arm bushes were shot. Diff whine has also gone with the install of the new 3.23 gears. Replaced the right driveshaft at the same time as the outer CV boot was leaking grease.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

New front seats arrived from Proseat Interiors. They're absolutely fantastic, provide excellent bolstering and support. Great upgrade, definitely worth the outlay.

The tan leather interior I had is up for sale.

IMG_3336.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Notice a bit of driveline shunt over the last week or so. Got the car on the hoist and there's 15mm of freeplay in the pinion. Looks like the diff is coming out beginning of the new year for some warranty work. May as well change the centre bearing and uni at the same time as part of preventative maintenance.