Territory upgrades

DavidF

• Member For: 4y 3m 22d

Hi Guys,

TT currently has a suspected wastegate issue and will be dynoed  for a health check up. We are currently researching what other upgrades to do.

TT was built in 2007 and has 105k on the clock. TT has a new exhaust, extra hole in the air box and has been tuned. This has been completed by the previous owner. TT sits in the garage and gets taken out now and then.

While there is alot of information on performance mods. I am struggling to find information as too what power levels other components will need to be upgraded such as gearbox, axles and so on. As we live in the country, reliability is high on our list.

The current upgrades we would like for the TT are a gearbox oil cooler and a turbo line oil filter.  The next logical step would be to upgrade the intercooler but what effect will this have on reliability? Would other non engine components need to be upgraded? We are not sure if we should upgrade the TT in stages or all at once.

The plan is to upgrade the TT and balance reliability and performance. 

Cheers

David

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yes, a gearbox oil cooler and turbo oil line (the filter isn't required that's inside the stock oil supply line) is a good idea.

intercooler just helps with repeated power application, not reliability.

upgrading is best done in one single go but requires lump sum investment as compared to small expenditure multiple times but generally ends up cheaper to do the one go method.

I wouldn't push it anywhere over 270awkw if you're looking for reliability.

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 3m 22d

I worded some parts of my post badly and did not explain myself clearly.

I will use the nizpro stage upgrades to better explain myself. 

GT-T Stage 1

The standard Ford Territory is a great starting point due to Ford starting with the same engine specification as the F6 Typhoon and Tornado. With engine management recalibration and the removal of the factory exhaust restrictor your 245kW Turbo Territory will now have 305kW’s. This is one of the best power vs dollar upgrades on the performance car market.

Performance
305kW

I believe this what my TT should have or will have when it is taken in for a tune. I should not push this past 270kw?

GT-T Stage 1+

As above with the extra inclusion of Nizpro’s market leading front mount intercooler kit. This amazing intercooler lowers intake charge temperatures by up to 50 degrees C. This intercooler kit is also utilised when upgrading to GT-T S2 spec.

Performance
347kW

This would be the next logical step for the TT.  For reliability what other components would need to be upgraded such as gearbox, axles and so on for? 

GT-T Stage 2

This performance upgrade features the heavily proven Nizpro Stage 2 Cobra Kit. With its new intake manifold and shortened air induction system, throttle response is greatly improved. This kit is the most complete upgrade for the Turbo Territory on the market.

Performance
370kW

This would be the goal for the TT but would like to know what other weak points of the car would need to be addressed so I am able to work out a total cost of the upgrade.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

all driveline bits will need to be upgraded if you want absolute peace of mind as power upgrades always find the next weakest point along the way.

axles are your starting point for power requirements.

270awkw is more than 305 engine kW, so yeah, depends what those chumps are actually referring to.