Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

If you went a wiring upgrade, new relay and a JMS Hobbs switched 5 psi boost reference voltage booster to 16 psi you could make that 525 work into the 550rwkw zone ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did some tuning today. Apparently gapping the plugs did the trick cos straight away it ran up 605awkw with no tune changes.   I frigged around with fuel and boost and this and that, and mana

Got to the dyno today and it went pretty much as I expected. The exhaust showed to be a huge restriction but we all knew that anyway. The first run right off the bat showed 367awkw on 16psi and

Finally dropped the exhaust on the dyno today. With no tune changes it went from 350 to 385awkw and picked up nearly 3 seconds of spool time. That is probably more to do with having more wg preload, r

Posted Images

I had a look at voltage boosters and they are pretty much the same price as another pump, so for that reason I've decided on running 2 pumps.

I've just ordered another 525 w/ express postage and will order the hobbs switch through work next week or whenever. I've got new convoluted pipe here, will grab a y piece from work, have a new relay and wiring already (will grab another relay), so should be sorted in a couple of weeks or so.

What's the size of the convoluted fuel hose for the swirlpot@Puffwagon? I've got a couple but not sure of their size or their location now (thanks to the flood)...
Do you run a custom swirl pot or just the stock unit? I've seen larger copies online but unsure if our Terry swirlpots are identical to a B or F series???
If it was a easy as removing the back seat like the sedan I'd be laughing but this being the worst car in the history of Ford to work on (someone prove me wrong), it's a drop straps, undo filler, slide the farker forward blah blah blah... And that's not even from experience lol.
Remind my next life to live further south where it's cool...and not to join the military!

You can get the tank out in about 20 minutes in the driveway after a bit of practice.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the stock pot but have an idea or two. A custom plug and play unit would make life easier but I'm happy to modify stock stuff for now.

Haha it's cool today but have seen over 48c in the shade more than once here!

Here's a piece of hose

6mjHuSv.jpg

• Like 1

I thought about having the pumps strapped to the outside of the swirlpot with a hose up and over to the bottom to scavenge fuel making the pot large enough for possibly two pumps to feed from but they'd need to have threads on the pump intake like an 044 has for it to work... Maybe Pierburg pumps?
It would probably need assembly/strapping from inside the tank due to the opening being small on the tank.
I procrastinate a lot!

It's an interesting concept but I don't think it would work well with the stock pot due to the issues you've already raised.

A couple of pumps clamped to a stick attached to the stock top part, connected to a hydramat, would be the simplest option along those lines.

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that a while ago but forgot and had the Aeromotive dual phantom in my head as it was done by a bloke on Facebook with a TT and he's in Cairns. Pretty sure he's a mechanic or similar and has been in the racing scene for years. It was to expensive imo and needed modding to the oem tank so I balked at it...

My mechanical Autometer gauge just flings back to zero once it goes past the max value (20psi). Hilarious to watch but not so when the wastegate was temporarily wired shut for testing on a mates car years ago...

7 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Where

I'll attempt to put it into the stock pot, next to the other pump.

how

I'm thinking that I'll have to remove most or all of the lower section's insert's guts and just leave enough to lock the halves together.

what wiring upgrade will you do?

The same basic thing that gets done with a relay upgrade, except with 2 relays and 2 separate battery feeds for each relay/pump. It'll involve lots of terminals and crimping!

I haven't got the hobbs switch yet but will chuck that into the mix when I get it. I might be able to trigger it with PCMTec but I haven't looked into it yet.

• Like 1

Thanks. Will watch with interest. I know AI were at one stage looking at doing a pot for the Territory, don't know if that ever eventuated but at $1100 odd without pumps that's a bit expensive. Mind you, a PW or PM external surge with twin Pierburg pumps and wiring plus pressure reg is close to $3k fitted.

• Like 1

Have done frig all with the car but and probably wont do much in the way of upgrades for another week at least. My logic is if I don't drive it, I don't need to upgrade it or fix it at all. Haha slack arse.

I reckon I'll put the gen2 GTX 3582r back on tomorrow so I can drop it back to 20psi, which is much tamer to drive. I should tighten/adjust the exhaust alignment while I'm out there as I can hear a leak under the car from somewhere. Also can do one more full send dyno run on e85 for s&g

A couple of 4 inch vbands just arrived and fark me if I remember ordering them. Heh I've got 4 here now so I can put a muffler into the territory and also make a dump for le 7675.

Haha something something couple of weeks

• Like 1

Nice and warm down your way and we've had miles over 500mm of rain here with the tropical low just doing circle work... When the sun comes out fmd!

Yeah gonna be 38 tomorrow and 40 for the next couple of days after.

A bit of rain would be nice but I think we won't really get any for at least 4 months or so.

Tossing up what to do this weekend with the car.

The muffler will take 2/3's of fark all to do so that's an easy one.

I'm thinking that I'll postpone the fuel system upgrade and fit the larger turbo instead. My logic is that if I keep it on 98 for a bit, I should have plenty of fuel to run the 17psi gate that it'll have.

I reckon I can do the muffler, make a dump to fit the larger turbo, fit the whole turbo system and chuck it on the dyno in one day. I can frig around with the fuel system another weekend when I've got more time.

I guess we'll see but there's some kinda update as to what's afoot. I'll report back in a couple of days and hopefully will have some forward progress. :launch: