Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Fair enough.

Understand why you're considering a twin turbo option, but as has already been said, twin 35s won't offer any advantages over a big single. 

I could be wrong, but isn't reliability at the current power level important before you consider upgrading? 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The only thing left to upgrade in the engine is grout filling, billet mains, aluminium rods or get a billet block but from those things, there is nothing left much left for the engine. Torrington bearing and solid balancer can get done at next refresh or when a crank goes in. I have a copper fire ring gasket for the next machine shop visit.

Trans has a fair bit done so not worried about that yet. Can do converter but I'll wait until I start blowing through the modded stock one before that gets done. I'd like to upgrade my billet zf6 intermediate shaft to a billet 6r80 intermediate shaft, dunno if you remember me posting about that.

Axles, driveshafts, diffs, transfer case etc can all break before they get a look. Mebbe I'll fab up some TS loops for safety. The tires slip for a long time so they are a bit of safety for the drive line.

It needs a brushless pump and surge tank on that side of things, also have some injector plans in the works. Gonna do some hectic intercooler business eventually.

As it is now (with fuel and cooler mods done) I'd be happy to take it up to 1300 to 1400awhp. The parts will do it no doubt, running any car at that level drastically shortens it's lifespan so it wouldn't be driven like that daily.

Hopefully that answers the question, I have plans in mind and if it wasn't already obvious I change my mind a lot as I make progress. Haha hopefully I don't get sensible and put it back to stock!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

New turbo has arrived. The rear housing is wider so I might have to trim half an inch off the dump, I'll have a look after when it cools down a bit.

I took the honda for a drive yesterday and floored it for some hectic goodness, 78kw at the front wheels just don't feel the same as 700+ :roflmbo: