Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It'll be enough one day. I like your response though and that's what I am thinking. It's a big step to take so some hand holding may be required :roflmbo:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It would be my last pick for reasons as well as my first pick for other reasons. A big single is only ever going to be a big single and can only be used as such. It's only purpose is to make a sh*tload of power and with that it's suitability for a daily is about a 2/10. Still hands down the best option for top end power.

With the right sized twins you have the power potential of a big single and when you decide to go in a different direction, you can break it down and have a couple of much more usable/salable turbos. Piss easy to offload anything up to a g1050, not so much a g55. Haha I also have a few other cars in need of turbos that might inherit something one day :yes:

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Twins that will make your power will be just as laggy as a big single and as you all know way more complex and heavier than a single. The bug has really bitten you hard hasn't it puff! Good thing you love fixing broken stuff! There will be more breakages coming. Are you shooting for some kind of territory record? My dad used to tell me as a kid, "man is never satisfied " he was right. Do you want it to be a street able monster or a drag weapon? Only you can decide. That's my 2 cents worth. I look up to backyarders that make cool stuff.

Have you looked into borg turbos?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've had a look at the VS racing turbos that are BW based. They have some decent options so there could be something there for me.

I'm not chasing any records, my car is miles off the interstate stuff. I just wanna see what I can do with it and learn some stuff along the way.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
27 minutes ago, k31th said:

... should we change the sections to "rhkw" instead with the prevalence of tuning via hub dynos haha :stirthepot:

Another territory in Qld made 764 kw...rwd at the hubs. Big farken difference from that to mine even though the dyno number is only 2kw apart.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The bloke I spoke to cut away the G55 because it didn't make the power, or at least not the advertised power. I don't think the G series is too popular with the RB and JZ community either, but who knows, maybe they're the only reliable option for big hp drag applications 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
6 minutes ago, Tom Tucker said:

more specific

I was gonna ask you to be more specific but you said it was some random dude so figured it might not be worth my time asking, yet here we are lol. Yeah I have decided that the Garrett numbers/compressor maps are around 15% happy on those larger turbos. You want 1700hp you order a 2100hp turbo.

Nothing is reliable when it's maxed out which is why I want to get something I can make an easy 1500+hp with and have it running at 60% capacity. Only reason I'm considering twin gtx35's is because I already have most of the parts here for it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I have. I don't need it unless I'm drag racing with a massive turbo. For street and roll racing I can spool anything with the antilag.

As it is I can get 10psi on the brake with no antilag, I can have it smashing the tyres straight to limiter by 3000rpm with rolling antilag and with a bigger converter and antilag I'll be able to build as much as I want on the brake.

A bigger turbo than current will have more lag but I'm confident nitrous will be a drag race, spool only accessory for me.