Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

Yeah manifold off, that's tomorrows job, it's 38C here today. It was helicoiled many years ago and has pulled that out so it might need a whole ass insert or welding. I can pull the engine out in a couple of hours if needed but I'll assess it when I get to it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yerp. I was gonna use a new head when I rebuilt it but couldn't be farked porting it so fixed this one.

Oh well, it's only a bit of time and effort to fix. She'll be right :)

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Pulled it apart, turns out I had fixed a sh*tload of holes last time that I'd forgotten about. Anyhow the one that pulled the stud out had been helicoiled and the helicoil had pulled some bullsh*t. I used a pin punch and tapped the end of helicoil back into it's groove. I got a longer stud in there and it's nice and tight. That one can go fark itself, fark knows how I'll fix it if it lets go again but I'll cross that bridge if it ever gets built.

Put the manifold on and as always the last nut I did up pulled another stud out. Just so ya know I'm not doing them up very tight, the head is just a weak piece of sh*t. Manifold back off, fix that hole, inspect the rest and 3 more looked iffy so rammed helicoils into them as well. Actually I drilled the holes, cleaned and dried them, tapped them with oil, cleaned and dried them again, installed the helicoils, snapped the tangs, blew them out and installed new longer studs into them....but yeah slapped them in and now the manifold is on there tight as cuns nunt.

Too sunny to keep at it, I've already had too much sun so now I'll have 57 beers, tree fiddy shots of jacks and put the rest of it together later or tomorrow. :beeer:

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep get it done while I still can. Haha after dinner I'm in it again, the weather has different ideas. Stuck in the shed listening to hill top hoods with a beer, could be worse.

Gp2khUh.jpg

Ed0TtRQ.jpg

Edited by Puffwagon