Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yerp, I'm no expert either but I spend a lot of time reading when I'm not doing stuff around the house. I've also got a couple of good zf's and a slightly stuffed 6r80 here so was able to pull it apart and see how it all works.

Haha if anyone is wondering how in the farken fark the planetary gear comes away from the drum, you gotta take a peek through the hole in the side and you cant see it but there is a clip on the bottom that you have to lift up with a seal pick. Get it lifted and then go around the other side with another small screwdriver, lift it some more and it will come off. Took some figuring out (I found some info on a Jaguar forum) and it's one of those moments I swore I was retarded and wondered why the fark I ever reproduced lol :roflmbo:

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Woohoo my transmission part is in Honolulu! The place fixing the head is starting work on it today, so should have it back by the weekend. I suppose I'll have the engine fully assembled on the weekend and could have it in the car on Monday if I wasn't waiting for the trans bit. I was thinking I could put the engine in then, run it in, work on the tune, then pull the trans out and upgrade it before I turn it up. It would be fine to run as it is for a while and I'm gonna give it a few oil changes before I rivet the page up button to the keyboard! Eh we'll see how it all goes, no hurry to get it running.

Random bit of info here, my injectors were at 69% to make 704awkw, it'll be interesting to see how much more power it can make with the bigger turbo...haha guess we'll find out soon enough! Nuther random bit of info, I had 2.5inch hotside piping last time which is being upgraded to 3 inch now, while the cold side is already 3 inch. Anyhow there is that, so yerp, will update again when the missus gets sick of hearing about it.

#2weeks

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Just got bent over by UPS for import tax. What was a 1450 USD part cost  just over 2800 AUD by the time it gets to me. I've still got some lube if anyone else wants a turn :bum:

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha yeah not my favourite outcome. Oh well needs to be done if I want to make all the power.

So the breakdown was 1450 USD for the part, 180 USD for shipping then the 338 AUD for tax.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The weather is perfect today and my trans bit arrived. I'll get the trans done today and I can put the engine together in the shed once the head is ready.

QEOaVNf.jpg

• Like 1