Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Pulled my finger out today and the motor came with it. Pistons are slightly worn, rods are good, rod bearing were in the process of galling but didn't hurt the crank, main bearings had some sh*t go through them and didn't hurt the crank much, crank needs a polish but won't need to be ground, ideally go oversize on the block but a piston skirt coating might be enough to handle some more honing. So yerp just need to decide whether to upgrade the entire rotating assembly for more hecticness or just coat the skirts, hone the block and call it a day. Got farken lucky with the big ends, a few more seconds of run time would have spun the bearings and possibly overheated the rods and wrecked the crank. Also oil pump says no...

Anyhow enough of that sh*t, here's pics...

bhnWT6x.jpg

7eYp4Sz.jpg

oONfZT4.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Whole bunch of frig all right now.

I'm putting new pistons in it cos the clearance is a bit big. It could go again but it would be too rattly and would wear out too quickly. I had thought about coating the skirts and sending it, but will go with a stronger piston this time as I was already past the HP recommendation of the last ones.

I sold my Crow valve springs and will be replacing them with Kelford KSV-40 Extreme and titanium retainers. Also gonna get a set of Atomic anti pump up lifters cos stock lifters are getting old by this point.

May as well throw in some upgraded valves while I'm there but will wait and see on that one. I've got enough decent turbo valves to make a set, so can get them cut to suit.

Haha have been thinking about whether it not to get a bigger turbo, I think the most sensible option is a Pulsar G45-1500 with a giant rear housing. It'll bolt up to my current setup easily and the supporting mods will still be ok to about 800awkw, give or take.

I've got another engine to build shortly and when that's done I'll get started on mine.

• Like 2