Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

That all depends on when I want to be able to drive it again! It makes sense to do everything while it's apart but still have to be reasonable on the budget.

At a minimum it will get an assembled billet oil pump from hp junkie, atomic crank sprocket and chain with copper head gasket. I'd like to put a billet crank in for peace of mind and rpm ability but would have to wait a while longer for that.

13 hours ago, gaz097 said:

Not the broken teeth. The teeth that are still in tact look heavily and evenly worn.

Or do you think that has happened during failure?

I just went out and cleaned up the sprocket along with another used sprocket I have on the shelf. The wear patterns appear to be the same except the broken one has more gouging along the intact teeth.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've been throwing around the idea of further upgrades but can't justify it much more. It's already got a lot of money into it and too much power for the street. It's all good and fine for now but the end of the modding road (power wise) is coming up on this one. There still will be a few things to do so the thread aint dead yet!

I still wanna go fast so I'm thinking a dedicated drag/roll racing car is a better outlet.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Are there heat treatments available for the stock crankshaft? It would/should be cheap in comparison to billet if there is... 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

I would think that a billet crank would only be needed when revving it to the moon? There was also something about harmonics above 6800 or 7800rpm but can't fully remember!? 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep I'm gonna rev it to the moon. If I can reliably rev it to 8 or 9k then I'll be able to take better advantage of the cams I have. Even with the cams dialled right back it wants to hit at least 7000 every shift.

• Like 1