Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

I dragged a 4 inch dump out of the weeds so I can fit my 4 inch system when I get the urge. That won't be for a while though, I'm sick of working on it now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

Have you tried a 4" dump pipe from a B or FG series as I've heard they just need a good belting with a hammer for some clearance issues? I went to try the two I've got a few years ago but couldn't get the nuts (or bolts?) undone from the housings so I gave up. My boost was similar to yours with 18 in the mid and around 14 up top, punched out cat though and the usual bung removal otherwise stock exhaust and it sounds like a sh*t diesel truck when idling lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 15d

My first exhaust revision on my turbo terry was a decat and mid muffler remove, so it was just 3inch with the rear muffler. I hated it, only time it was acceptable was on load. annoyed me for cruse especially since being a family car.

I fitted a fg turbo manifold and a 4inch xforce dump. I had to cut and reweld the bottom piece of the dump, I feel as it was touching something or pointing the wrong way I wanted. I cant remember now it was many years ago. But it goes into a 5inch cat, then 3.5inch pipe to a hot dog and still the standard 3inch rear as ive been to lazy to make one. but its on my list, but in current form it sounds good on noise and pretty close to stock on cruse.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

It was Zane from Maxx Performance that told me years ago (when he first started making the 2 piece 3rd diff bush from hdpe) that the dump pipe just needed a big hammer.
I have an FG exhaust manifold but it needs a serious linish or probably a mill if my father inlaws is big enough for the job as it's a fricking banana!
Most of this stuff is a pipe dream for me in my current state but hopefully that will change by years end... I have most items for the usual mods except for the dump valve for the exhaust as I don't need a 3.5" even though I'd like a full system

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep mine has already been pre hammered. Here's a tip for making the car quieter, use an fgx sprint cam timing map and it'll be all kinds of quiet.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yeah nothing much exciting going on really, I fixed a wiring issue on the territory today that prevented being able to manually shift gears. 

Now I can stall it up in 2nd gear, 3500rpm, full boost which is around 16psi and let it rip. It goes ok but it's probably just as quick using first gear. Nothing a bit more power wouldn't fix though :w00t2:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Gave the boost tee two more turns today and it did fark all. No doubt there is something there but the seat of the pants was lacklustre. 

Pretty sure I can have my custom four inch turbo back system installed in a few hours. Gotta cut an shut a bit of it but the parts are here and I'm getting antsy.

Hopefully it's not too loud lol :dancing:

• Like 1