Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Member For: 5y 4m 15d

So to ask the question again, how important is the suck? Or is it fine just breathing to atmosphere if you have big lines to can, my 2 lines are 19mm id and my can has a 32mm hose off the top of it that goes to under the car so I don't get any fumes coming into cabin. And a drain tube off the bottom of the can that goes under the car also, it has a tap on it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Ok I see there is a context confusion happening here. The "suck" I was talking about was me sucking the catch can dry when it's full, with my brake sucking tool. The reason it is sent to the intake pipe, the "suck" you're referencing, is for ADR compliance. You can't allow exhaust gasses out of the engine except through the exhaust/catalytic converter.

In a racing application you just send big fark off lines to a big arse tank that vents to atmosphere. This is located at the rear of the vehicle to prevent overflows getting under the rear tires. Your setup is fine for what you're doing. If you are worried about the lines being restrictive then set up a pressure sensor on the top of your dipstick or any other crank case location and see how much pressure it's building. Haha you could literally run a rubber line from that to a boost gauge and it will give you some idea of what's happening.

Edited by Puffwagon
You, can, never, have, too, many, commas, ,,, ,,,,

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Throttle body sh*t the bed, farker had me stuck on the side of the road until I could get it towed. On the plus side, now I've got a reason to get a hectic throttle body upgrade.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's a 17 year old electrical part that sees extremely frequent use and is subject to less than ideal conditions. It started acting weird and then 5 minutes later it stopped the car. When I press the throttle it goes brrr. Fortunately my neighbor wasn't far away so he towed us home.

I had a couple of spares but I let someone borrow them and they didn't get returned so now I'm SOL.