Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

None with the current setup.

I've made 711awkw with 00 and 31psi and made 685awkw with measured timing and 35psi. It probably would have made 700 with some more ignition timing but didn't go there at that time.

It revs further with measured timing and is much more linear.

It really needs a bigger turbo, bigger exhaust manifold, bigger intake manifold and more boost to take advantage of the cams.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yerp it looks like the water meth kit will be a few weeks out as they don't have some of the parts for it. The guy I spoke to was very helpful and said that he needed to do some research into the right jet sizes etc for my application, as my power level is "getting up there". They actually set up the kit on a flow bench and run it before sending it out, so you are guaranteed that each port will be getting the same amount. That has gotta be a huge step up from sending it in the cooler pipe pre tb and letting the manifold distribute it!

Even if I can't run all the timing that e85 wants to make 700awkw, I'll still be happy to make 650 or so on 98. I am optimistic about it though :)

• Like 3

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Hey Puff, I think I'm keen on this companies set up as well, finally a proper set up, will only be looking for around 500rwkw, same as I can make on e85. Not really an e85 fan with the economy etc and still using the car as a sort of daily. Please lots of pics with the install and stuff cheers 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I can post pics etc. Lemme start by getting out to the shed and showing you guys what I'm gonna start with. Nothing really exciting but it's what it's :)

Brb taking a pic ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Far out man, there is no friggin room for a water meth tank. Despite that, I came up with this today, cut it out of a sheet with the ole angle grinder, half cut the bends and hand bent the bastard. It ain't finished yet obviously and is just sitting in there so not quite level in the first pic, but the rest should be a fairly simple process. I did a quick calculation and it has a 10.94L capacity.

45ASroz.jpg

sAjtfZE.jpg

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Driving around tuning boost control cos it's one of the many things that needs tuning and perfecting.

Got 19psi of gate spring in it and when it's completely warmed up, the minimum boost in 3rd gear is 26psi.

The wg duty log is like yeah yeah yeah yeah nah which is fine, but took some finding...cos I was trying to run 22psi but that didn't work.

So I reckon I'm gonna try a 7 psi spring in the gate and see how low it'll actually go. This will for sure let me, and in turn you ohmos, know whether a 50mm turbosmart progate is up to the task.

In other news I've got 1100km on the new trans. I had to do a whole bunch of tuning to get the shift pressures how I want them and there will be more tuning to do once it's turned up.

I also had to frig around with the way the car applies torque reduction though sorted that out fairly easily.

From the first part of the post it seems the car is making about 520awkw and the trans is handling it fine for now. It is a night and day difference to a stock trans and having it shift through the gears with no slippage is pretty cool.

Anyhow there is that, figured I'd share a bit and will update things as they progress. Seems like there isn't a lot left to do with this car but there will be some full sending happening shortly. :launch:

• Like 4

• Banned
  • Member For: 2y 9m 18d

Who cares. Just go flat out until it breaks.

V8's have gone through the roof.

To bad you bought a territory.

On 02/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, biddie_fiddler said:

Wow that's crazy! ...

Not as crazy as fiddling with your your tosser.