Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Wow that's crazy! 
Both the link and the video.

Looks like a really good option for the people who don't have much access to e85 pumps.

Next question though, where do you get methanol from? 
Do you have to buy a premix? 

I have so many questions on water-meth lol

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Not sure of the exact ron but I installed and tuned an aem water meth kit on a ve 6 litre supercharged ute and it went from 300rwkw non intercooled to 363rwkw with water meth.

This was largely due to cooler intake temps but the added octane helped.

Clearly the IMS results show similar results to E85 and in my limited experience, it's on par.

1 hour ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Next question though, where do you get methanol from? 

You can buy it by the drum from your local race fuel distributor. It's about $300 for a 200L drum. You premix it yourself using distilled water.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well some dollars later and I have a water meth kit and a 6 port bundle on the way. I've got a spare lower half manifold here so I can get the port kit installed before I take the car apart. I'll head out tomorrow and get some sheet metal to make a custom tank for it, so I can make it fit nicely somewhere.

Apart from that there ain't much else going on. I changed my cam timing a couple of times over the past couple of days for something to do. It's funny how much difference it makes to spool time and low end power etc. I'll leave it with quick spool and lower rpm potential for street driving and swap it over to full send mode for roll racing etc. It only takes 40 min to change it so it's not much of a chore to do.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

E85 is nearly $2 per litre and you use more of it. I live in a rural town where the nearest small town is 18km away and suburbs are 35km. Most of the roads around here are 100kph or 110kph so running E85 is kind of a waste when 95% of my driving is cruising.

I have atomic gears. There is roughly 800rpm difference in spool from having both cams at 0 and having them where kelford recommends.

I've been thinking about putting the vct phasers back in so I can see how it goes but it is a fair decent job to tune it again.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've got a 3 bar map sensor in the shed that I'm gonna attach to the manifold to check it.

Probably not much of an issue at low boost but there might be something there when it's turned up.

• Like 1