Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Bleh fark me I'm stuffed.

Everything is back together now and I've put 60km on it without drama. Cos I live in the sticks I've been driving up to 100kph then stopping and repeating. The trans is slowly coming good but needs plenty more driving before I can send it.

In other news I made a legit oil return for the turbo rather than the "temporary" solution that I had in there. I also wrapped the dump with titanium exhaust wrap instead of the piece of sh*t "temporary" heat shield.

So yerp, hooray it's sorted for now but fark all that working on the ground bs.

Beer o clock :drinks:

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yerp, a couple of days ago I noticed a little thing in the tcm file that came with the trans, thought what I thought about it and using what I know, figured I would let it slide for a minute until the trans caught up with the program.

And yerp, did what I thought was needed today and farken violin, trans started working properly. Helps when the right calibration is loaded into the trans ay?! Lucky yeah nah not luck but yeah fortunately I did my due diligence and had a handle on it all.

In other news everything is working out fine and got another sh*tload of kays onto it today. Boring af driving around the back streets but you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I had a good chat with him a while back and we're on the same page about it all. If I need help or info I'll email him but at this stage I don't need any help.

As far as the thing in the file, I'll mention it to him next time we talk. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Hey mate the details and pics are in the thread here if you wanna scroll back and find it.

Basically I put 2x 525 pumps in the stock pot, I ran individual wiring and relays to each pump that share a 50A fuse so if the fuse goes both pumps stop, I modded the stock rail to feed from each end and return from the middle via a fpr2000, from the reg I ran 10mm fuel hose to a bulkhead fitting to the top of the tank. The pumps are connected in the pot and feed the stock system just past the stock quick connect where it goes into a Y again to split to each end of the rail.

It fills a jerry can very quickly lol.

It has quickbitz 2200cc@4 bar injectors too.

The only other thing I might do is run a fuel cooler on the return side.

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 15d

Thanks mate. I'll go back and have a look. I need to upgrade the fuel system in mine as one pump isn't enough for E85 usage as you well know. I won't be aiming for the same power level as you're but want to max out the turbo at ~ 24psi so need more fuel to keep up.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Done 720km on the new box and all is going swimmingly.

I'm looking at getting some  water meth  on it soon so I don't have to use e85 anymore. Farken cost a couple of bucks but will be worth it in the long run.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

Is water/meth comparable in performance gains when compared to e85? 

Really interested to see how it goes if you pull the trigger on the kit :suicide:

(fk that emoji is a bit extreme lol)