Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

For the sake of conversation Adam, I'll waffle on about it. Also did you forget I ported the head? Nvm not a big deal.

The turbo is rated to 1120hp or 835kw. My car has made 711awkw previously and tomorrow will tell another tale.

If we assume a 20% drivetrain loss then we have 888kw or 1191hp at the crank. There is the loss from the zf then the losses through the transfer case, front and rear diff and all 4 wheels turning on the dyno. I strap the absolute fark it of it so there are no free power figures coming from this dyno.

Of course advertised turbo power figures are understated so there aren't issues with false advertising. 1191hp isn't a lot more than the advertised 1120hp so that seems reasonable.

IMHO it is fair to say that the turbo is very close, if not completely out of flow right now and that is the main limiting factor to producing more power. Perhaps the cat is having some effect too.

An easy way to find out is to chuck a g1450 on it and farken send it. We'll soon see if the turbo was out or another piece of the puzzle is holding it back.

Anyhow there is that so yerp there it is. :declare:

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

I'd simply drop the clamp from the dump pipe to the cat like was the original idea and see whether or not it's a restriction. I'm saying that the cat is unless it's gigantic. 

You're at the point where endless amounts of dollarydoos come into play (not that you haven't already sunk a decent budgets worth). Exhaust back pressure sensors, EGT sensors in every exhaust port or better yet to burn even more cashola an O2 sensor in every port plus one in the dump pipe because money... 

Almost forgot the compressor speed sensor to see if you're ringing its neck enough! 

I recommend beerydoos while online parts shopping so you don't get the impulse buying blues.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yerp just got home from the dyno. Ended up with 685awkw at 35psi. The wgdc is 100% from start to finish on the run and the injectors ended up at 94%. It is falling over at about 7000rpm now compared to the previous 5900rpm.

Anyhow, here's some graphs...

0d3Z7E2.jpg

OFlrLeW.jpg

• Like 3

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Prediction 101 ;) 

Themes not big enough gains for the losses under the curve ! 

just done the typical moved the power band higher in the rev range which is now giving you bigger legs per gear but consuming a butt load of fuel to support it 

what’s the torque curves look like, I assume similar but emphasised 

#Dontovercamabarra 

#keepthesweetspotsweet 

Edited by JETURBO

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

For some reason the torque value wouldn't appear so fark knows. I wanted to see it as I think it would have looked much better than the previous one. Haha this ain't overcammed, it just needs a bigger turbo :declare:

But yeah you wouldn't run these cams unless you're aiming very high, as in the 900kw to 1500kw region.

Just now, k31th said:

looks like those cams will have to come out...

Fark no.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

We only needed 275 of lift for the 905rwkw mid week

Your into the 290+ with your cams 

Keeping the balance is difficult when moving upwards and I strongly believe a ZF vehicle just doesn’t require the lift/cam the way a 3 or 2 speed vehicle would but at least you can wind 3rd gear out vs going for the old 3-4 change @ WOT 

There’s a chance to tweak those sprockets a touch too maybe and close the gap

Edited by JETURBO