Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

So farken yerp I chucked the other wg spring in after work and gave it a quick retune so it didn't go crazy. It ended up making 25 to 26psi on gate so there it is. I'll wind in the duty cycle on Saturday and see where it ends up. I'm not that keen to break another rocker so I'll only go to 40psi if it gets there, then turn it back down to 30psi/700awkw for the street to save the driveline a bit.

I had a look at the dyno graph a bit closelyer and it dropped 60kw from 5900 to 7000rpm last time so it'll be interesting to compare that if I remember to change the cat. Also the cam timing a a fair bit different so that might change it as well. End of the day I'm happy to run a cat on the street as the car isn't exactly slow, but for racing etc it might be worth running a decat pipe.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Winding in the duty cycle I suspect it will end up with a lunched ZF but I'm knocking on wood for you atm...
Cat removal is definitely the go. It's the reason why Nizpro use two of them in their 4" system, that's the way I see it anyway!
It made the note deeper or at least that's what it did with my 3.5" xforce system.
Do you have issues with roadside RTA's or police down your way?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah nah she'll be right. I've got it back to 30psi with about 50% duty cycle and will try and crack 1000awhp in the morning.

I'll leave the cat in for now and see if I can get there as is, but will remove it eventually just for the sake of more data.

There are police around but if you aren't speeding or doing stupid sh*t they leave you alone.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Update, I've got it holding 34psi at 6250rpm with 80% wgdc and the injectors are at 80%. It looks like the turbo has stuff all left in it and the injectors aren't far behind. I'll chuck it on the dyno in the morning but I' don't think it'll make the power I want it to.

Hey at least it was a fun ride and learnt a lot along the way. Bigger turbo? Maybe. Bigger injectors? Maybe. Built trans? Maybe. Make the falcon awd? Maybe. Anything at all? Maybe.

Time for a beer? Definitely! :drinks:

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Regardless mate, solid journey ! 

Im suspecting you’ll loose a bunch under the curve and might not gain the flow up top for the sacrifice... but that’s my educated guess 

can’t wait to see the graph !

plus an overlay of peak before cams vs after would be great viewing ;) 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I reckon you're on the money there mate.

It's looking like the turbo can't flow enough to take advantage of the cams which was kinda to be expected.

At any rate it's still a mental thing to drive, and being a 6 speed auto with antilag you can get it on boost pretty quickly when the need arises.

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

Moving air at 7000RPM

Standard Head -  intake flow 242 cfm - 400 lift @28'' 

Comp Head - intake flow 335 cfm -400 lift @28'' 

The head is good for 1000HP at the crank, that's it untouched, you tuner boys are funny 😁