Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Being the ever tightening tight arse that I am, I only ordered one wastegate spring just now. It's a 12psi outer spring, so that gives me a 7psi inner, 10psi middle and 12psi outer, for a total of 29psi.

Will I try and run double the spring pressure for 58psi worth of boosty goodness? Probably not. Will I eventually run it at 100% wgdc just cos? Probably yes. What does that mean? All of the boost, all of the time and at least 23 in the mid.

I'm getting it couriered to work so should have the farken farker sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ahh Yeah I forgot you got that head gasket puff , I’m seeing a lot of guys starting to use the fire ring style without the grove in the block , If you watch the skid factory Barra build they don’t cut a grove in the block .  the gasket locates it like the anthea one . Maby it’s a better option , please send yours to 40 psi for me 😂 😂😂 my wish list is NOS , 218c and cnc ported head , I just worry about the bullet pistons 😂 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Did cam timing, fitted new wideband sensor, new spark plugs, fitted FG rocker cover and swapped the coil plugs over for the new FG coils.

The intake cam ended up advancing about 5 degrees and the exhaust ended up about 7 advanced from what they were. I left them both 2 degrees advanced from the cam card cos the lifter bleeds down as you open the valve 1mm, so it'll be pretty close to the specs. Boring info here, it takes about 35 degrees of crank rotation to go from the valve starting to open, to the valve being open 1mm.

The car is a lot quieter now which is good and seems to come on boost quicker and smoother.

Oh and it turns out the wideband sensor wasn't stuffed, the wideband is still having a fit so fark knows what it wants. Mebbe a recalibration is in order?

Anyhow there is that and I suppose next weekend I'll have some more WG spring in it and see what it can make then.

Time for a beer :drinks:

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I'm interested to see what it does too. I'm pretty sure the venom cat is the restriction so I'll make up a decat pipe for testing purposes.

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d
1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

Did cam timing, fitted new wideband sensor, new spark plugs, fitted FG rocker cover and swapped the coil plugs over for the new FG coils.

The intake cam ended up advancing about 5 degrees and the exhaust ended up about 7 advanced from what they were. I left them both 2 degrees advanced from the cam card cos the lifter bleeds down as you open the valve 1mm, so it'll be pretty close to the specs. Boring info here, it takes about 35 degrees of crank rotation to go from the valve starting to open, to the valve being open 1mm.

Running fixed Vernier gears?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Recalibrated the wideband and it started working. Went for a quick drive and whether it's the changed cam timing or different sensor, it seems to have leaned out a touch.

Will have to get it back on the dyno and get the fuel sorted again.