Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Gave it a whole bunch of stick after work and the wideband sensor sh*t itself. Farken farkers farked.

In other news it is spinning all 4 now, as an onlooker reckoned the rears were smoking as well as the fronts. Just need another 500 or so hp so I can smoke it up at any speed.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ordered me a wideband sensor so should have that sorted by next weekend. Really couldn't be farked doing much this weekend so just went and picked up a 5 inch pipe for me intake, a dash12 weld on for the intake pipe to suck the catch can off and a couple of dash10 fittings for the rocker cover.

Pulled the finger out and after a few beers decided to sort out the FG rocker cover. Cut off the thing, pulled out the rubbermajiggy and welded both fittings to it for the catch can to attach to. Farken forgot how to weld but fortunately remembered halfway through so got it done. Cleanliness is next to weldliness or something.

I would fit it all this arvy except I forgot my dial gauge again so will swap the rocker cover, wire in the FG coil plugs and do the cam timing next weekend.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yerp I'm thinking about what I can do to get a bit or a lot more power without swapping the turbo. I reckon I'll get a couple of wg springs to up the minimum gate pressure to 33psi. I already have a 7psi inner and a 10psi middle so a 12psi outer and a 14psi middle will easily be enough to max out the turbo. Even adding the 12 psi outer will bring it up to 29psi which is plenty of spring for what I want to do over the next few weeks. When I wanna run 98 I can use a more suitable combo of springs to not send it past the moon and onto mars lol.

I was also thinking I could just change my boost control to 3 or 4 port then I wouldn't need any more springs, but I would need to retune it a fair bit.

Anyhow just thinking of stuff to do next so yerp, there it is.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

There's still more in the current turbo so no point swapping yet. If I can get another 100kw for the price of a gate spring then that's what needs to happen.

A big turbo will need a new exhaust and intake manifold, intercooler, dump, wastegates etc while adding nos and fuel system upgrades etc will easily run into another 15k and that's not what I'm looking to do right now.

I’d definitely go 4 port if your out of gate . I run a 19psi spring and we get to 35 psi with minimal duty cycle heaps left in it your turbo should ( keyword) should do 35 39 psi but run the risk of head sealing  tbre said they have had mls gaskets up to 1300 hp but they move around and leak 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've got an Athena racing gasket torqued to 110 lbft, it should be fine.

I have run 40psi with stock cams and I reckon it'll get there again maybe.

• Member For: 6y 11m 17d

More in the turbo and more in the head might have to go heavy on the port Puff can only push so much air through, all the 1000hp-1500hp engines have heavy port work from what I have seen.