Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Haha my stock 1993 Honda Integra would chop it to at least 45kph. Nothing a hectic converter won't take care of!

It comes on boost at 50kph in 1st and sends it straight to limiter in second. Even a second gear launch will take off slowly then smash the limiter. You can build 30psi with antilag at 90kph in 3rd and it turns the tyres at about 110kph before it hooks.

Third gear holds the power but 4th wont when it comes on, you have to wait until it's after peak power to properly nail it. I'll try some more line pressure but I'm already at 255psi so I don't think there is much left on the table. Looks like a rebuild is in order.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I'm surprised it's still alive (the ZF). By all accounts with the Facebook heroes it should have died at stock power, milkshaked and broke the input shaft... Lol. Don't you just love strokers!
In all honesty though I know you have mechanical sympathy and aren't a bafoon like Faceboobs morons but even I expected it to go poopy by now on any number of random drives, especially with the weight of old Terry. I don't feel so bad when I beat on mine when I drive it once every month!
It's an impressive feat that's for sure

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah for all the talk I thought it would break straight away but here we are. It ain't happy now for sure, but a set of exedy clutches and a 3500 converter will get it sorted. It might not last forever but I don't expect trans clutches to last when it's turned up. I'll do the 6r80 input shaft etc when the rest gets done.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Yeah you might as well go the 6R80 especially since you are changing the convertor anyway.
FYI I got pricing a while back from Dave Sheehy (CPV, blueboost here back in the day) and his prices were stage 3 - billet shaft box 600kw $4950 or stage 4 6r80 shaft 650kws $5950.
$1k less or so for each of the lower stages (cryo shaft, standard shaft with extra clutches). Those are Nth Qld prices but
I heard $4k for a full 6R80 build from an Andrew Grimes (met him through Facebook) in Melbourne or Adelaide?
Those prices are half of what I've seen from some shops so It would be interesting to see your DIY cost once you are done, but either way I believe you are the budget king with the biggest results I've personally read about.
I don't class full time tuners or tuning shop workers as diyers for obvious reasons but still respect their builds...

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Wait.... is this a stock zf box? 
I haven’t followed this thread since day dot, but from this conversation it doesn’t sound like the box is built... 😋

either way, mad results from a zf, always love seeing people push these boxes. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 16d
18 hours ago, bjc said:

Yeah you might as well go the 6R80 especially since you are changing the convertor anyway.

Is this just a matter of switching your ZF TCM to the 6R80 or more to it?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d

dont they have fixed bellhousing and are for diesels?

I wanted to change to 6r80s from newer terry for the electric locking transfer case, or I guess from a ranger and get myself a rwd/4wd terrtiory.... but I allways got stuck on the bellhousing bit

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
5 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Wait.... is this a stock zf box? 
I haven’t followed this thread since day dot, but from this conversation it doesn’t sound like the box is built... 😋

either way, mad results from a zf, always love seeing people push these boxes. 

It has an external trans cooler and a tune.

1 hour ago, finnas said:

Is this just a matter of switching your ZF TCM to the 6R80 or more to it?

You swap the input shaft, pump, E drum etc.

Haha I've been using the antilag in 3rd. It's freaking mental. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 16d

You swap from the ZF to the 6R80 or the other way? If it's too the 6R80 I thought the 6R80 input shaft was supposed to be stronger?

Not that im going to do it.  I'm a long way off the power, ~400kw.  But just curious.  If it does go bang at some stage its something I'd look at.

PS this thing is off chops. good work man!

• Like 1