Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Cheers, I did assemble the motor in my lounge room, but after I made about 420awkw the rest was done on the dyno.

I reckon anyone could achieve what I've done with about 30k, if they did the work and tuning themselves.

I did an oil and filter change too this morning before I tuned it, as it was definitely due!

But yerp 953awhp ain't 1000awhp so gonna have to see what the turbo has left in it...

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

That’s a doosie mate ;)

Whats your thoughts on what you seen while tuning and upon reflection on that graph ? 

was this in full AWD mode on the Dyno ? 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The dyno is in 4x4 traction stability mode. I ramped it at 170.

I could have ramped it in a lot slower I reckon. I was a bit worried about the trans but even on the road it is ok. It reaches 24ish psi by 3950 on the road and is about 1000rpm later on the dyno. Iats were a lot higher on the dyno than the road which doesn't help much.

Also cheap silicone couplers swell up like balloons with 30+psi in them :declare:

What are your thoughts on the recent progression/graph etc? @JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

The progression is good Nathan, it’s always a shame that one gain costs a low loss but that’s the world we live in. 

It does seem that there’s a flow restriction maybe hence nearly 90 odd Kw drops off in the top end but could be a variety of things at play 

The aeroflow looks to be going well which is good 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I had a look through the logs just now and it reaches peak power at 5900rpm then falls over from there.

I reckon the cam timing is affecting it a fair bit. From what I've found out recently, a zero zero cam gear setting is miles off what it should be. This will be fixed next weekend and retuned after.

I still have the stock lower half of the intake manifold in there and I also have a venom 5 inch cat as well. Both of these could be holding it back a bit and all of this can be tested. I can make up a decat pipe fairly easily to see how much difference it makes.

Fwiw these cams are designed for 1200 to 1800hp and I'm still a good 100 crank hp away from that.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I'll have to look through the dyno graphs again. I went up incrementally in boost so I have 5 or 6 different power level graphs to compare.

I think it started dropping the top end at 550awkw or so.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
That's an excuse to do another quick YouTube video of it roasting the tyres when launching now...
Pick up some milk and bread for the kids!
  • Like 1