Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yes and yes. Just when you think about clicking the shifter at 6k, you let it go to 7k instead. The video doesn't really do justice to how it goes when it's already spooled and going for it, and I think it might have tagged the limiter here as it was a bit funny at the end.

High stall is definitely on the cards and should be done with a built trans within a few months.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Nothing much exciting really. I added a bunch of timing to the middle of the rev range to smooth out the dyno graph. I also added a metric buttload before it comes on boost and although I haven't had it back on the dyno, the car is much more lively. It reaches full boost by 4 grand now on the road and revs to 7 so there is a decent range of power there.

Having nearly 500 on 98 is cool enough by itself but it's enough power for the street so I'm happy. Heheheheh can't wait to see what it'll do on e85 :devil:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I spose that is probably the case before it is on boost. The main thing to adjust was when the timing drops, due to the change of when it reaches full boost and peak torque. Because it reaches peak torque later, I needed to make it all happen later, which it is now. Still only got 10 to 11 degrees in it up top, but the transition is where it needs to be for the most part. I'll dial it in on the dyno when I get a chance.

I gotta say it is much more thirsty when I drive it hard, compared to 400 and stock cams. Haha goes hard though :launch:

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Drove it work with the knock ears set up and found a tiny bit of detonation only perceptible with knock ears. Removed some timing here and there and readjusted some more on the way home. The motor is all kinds of quiet now in regard to combustion noise, not that it was rattling before ;)

I think I need to adjust some sh*t in the trans cos nearly every time I touch the 7k rev limit, the trans will go into limp home mode.

Also I've nearly run out of 98 so that means the next 150 litres going through it will be e85 :nyam: