Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Hope it's an easy diagnosis then. If you do the return then you know it's done but I'm hearing you about the fuel tank. I still haven't dropped mine for the first time and I'm dreading it... Still unsure of what I want my end goal to be which will likely end up bigger than planned as always!
I don't have the cash for a built engine or the man power to do it these days anyway, that's why your build and others is good for me. Almost like I'm along for the ride plus I gain some knowledge to...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Well I just did the test I said I was going to do and the fuel pressure dropped. I set it back to 4 bar as I had been fiddling with it and it was slightly under.

That means the restriction is after the quick connect, towards the tank.

Now it's beer time :drinks:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The fuel pressure is too high so this points to a return restriction.

If the filter was blocked or the hoses were split it would restrict supply :happyfriends:

Fwiw I used proper expensive ass intank fuel hose rated for all the pressure, when I installed the pumps.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The Territory and Falcon tanks are very different, the Falcon tanks suck balls basically.  A Falcon tank would definitely benefit from a fuel mat, though come to think of it, it would work well in a Territory too.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Yes you told me about the mat for the tank and tbh that's probably the best method without going external surge tanks.
Did you drill out the return quick fit on the top of the intank module (4mm I believe?) and also remove that check valve bead/BB that's in the swirl pot?
Apart from undersized return line (if that's the issue) they are the only other things I can think of...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Bleh long day.

Added a bulkhead fitting to the tank and ran a 10mm fuel hose from the end of the steel return pipe. Fuel pressure dropped from 6.5 bar to just under 2 bar. Set it to 4 bar, welded a giant split in my newish muffler and hit the dyno.

jmkwRKk.jpg

Did a couple of hours on the dyno to dial in the custom PCMTec sd fuel map. Ended up with 474awkw at 23psi on 98 octane. 10 degrees of timing for the interested. It needs work but it's getting there.

aosAQzW.jpg

ZU7P1po.jpg

Edited by Puffwagon
My butt
  • Like 2