Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Its a big cam all about peak power now, spool doesn't really matter its either on boost or not. Gonna have to get some boost into it on e85. v8 na builders always worry about rpm, turbo engine builders always worry about boost, the truth is somewhere in between. Boost is safer than timing to a point.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Idling sounds sweet and it's real not a ghost in site! Tbh I like the ghost cam also because who doesn't love technology... Have your cake and eat it to I say.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I went for another drive and it's crazy how much difference there is up top. I'll be very interested to see how much power it makes on 98 octane.

Haha in saying that, I have been driving a 70 something front wheel kw car to work for the past little bit :laughing:

• Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Did driving, did tuning, got the fuel mostly flat to redline, injdc went from about 50% to 80% at roughly the same boost level and afr. Looks like those cams and head are flowing a bit more now!

Also at a 110kph cruise it's using about 11L/100km now instead of about 10L/100km from before. Not the worst fuel economy hit hey?!

Still more tuning to do but I'll save that for the dyno.

• Like 5

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I figured I would get a good gain from the cams but I didn't expect to make that much on 98. It made 80kw more than last time on 98 but it has a couple of extra pounds in it now.

Full disclosure though, I added a couple of degrees of timing to get the 480. I then pulled it back from the ragged edge to where it is safe for beating on, and it made about 455 to 465 a few times.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Here's the graph. I had to run it in 3rd to get a number as I was hitting a speed limiter in 4th and was too tardled to work out how to remove it. I disabled it in the vid block, changed it in the tune as well and zeroed out the ETC cut. Still didn't work but oh well. Also don't have the boost control dialled in so it's a bit wavy. Today was a fuel/sd map tuning day :declare:

O4QrRsl.jpg

• Like 8