Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I saw that car driving past Australian Clutch a few weeks ago. Haha someone got hectic with the decel timing :laughing:

The Kelford website reckons you can use vct with limited movement and the cam card I got reckons use fixed timing only. The only real way of finding out what's best is to try both and do sh*tloads of testing.

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Advancing cam 1 degree won't make much difference minimum is usually 4 degrees. If you advance you increase low end and peak torque earlier but not by very much 4 degrees is about 200rpm on V8's. I don't know enough about VCT but its really only for idle and economy yes maybe. 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I just left it there cos I cbf putting it back to 0. It'll be interesting to see where the turbo spool now cos that was some pretty hectic flames out the exhaust!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I replayed it 4 or 5 times pausing on some good flames... That's after I posted the headphone warning lol.
I live with my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones on while watching tv in bed and didn't realise I had them up at 50% coming from Disney+ (low signal or wide dynamic range) to YouTube!

Your fuse box looked like it was getting baked lol

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

No work tomorrow so full steam ahead for assembly. All that's left is the intake manifold support brackets on the passenger side then the hotside, boost piping, coolant recovery tank, catch can and the coil cover with the trans cooler mounted on top.

I've fully vbanded the exhaust and dump etc and all that is needed there is the 2 piece dump to be fitted up. The exhaust is still fitted and all that's needed there is the section that goes over the rear cradle needs a 1/2 inch stick to be stuck between it and the cradle to give it clearance when the front vband is tightened.

No doubt there is a thing or two extra to fit like the turbo drain or the wideband and narrow band but it should be giving us a hectic idle by tomorrow afternoon. Haha I'm looking forward to hearing it!

Oh yeah and dyno on Monday so in between then I'll road tune it and get rid of the 98 so I can run e85 for a while. :construction:

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Got it together and after a bit of tuning to get it to idle and start halfway properly I went for a drive. Farken thing is a bit ridiculous now that is has the extra legs, even though it's only on 23psi and 98 octane. I did a bit of logging and it easily pulls to 7 grand. I accidentally went 7150rpm but don't tell anyone! It seems like it would keep going but I guess the dyno will reveal if and when it falls over.

Anyhow here is a quick video of it idling.

• Like 5

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Thanks mate. It's about 500rpm later from the few wot hits I've given it. I don't have the gate coming on at 100% though, so I might be able to get it slightly better with some more tuning.