Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

An easy forgotten fix is always better than needing new parts. If you haven't forgotten something when putting a engine or heads back in/on you haven't done it enough times yet.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

It's always the last thing/place you would think to check... If I drop something these days (medication usually) I literally go to the furthest (furtherest!) place it could possibly be as 9 times out of 10 that khunts sitting there laughing at me!
I'd prefer the dog to eat it so I can watch her tripping balls but the wife looks down on me for it...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

It's no so much that I forgot it, it's more so that I just didn't attach it.

I was gonna fire it up without the exhaust manifold on to make sure it runs and to get a tiny bit of heat into it...and I attached the earth strap just now and it's alive huehuehuehue. It shoots foot long flames out of the head cos the exhaust cam shuts after tdc! It's gonna spool that 7675 good and proper :)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Both at zero except the intake is 1 degree advanced and I cbf changing it.

I got to the point where I was gonna dry fire it and get some heat into it and it turns out the starter won't play ball.

Positive to the starter, positive coming from the trigger wire and nothing when I turn the key. I tried bridging it and still nothing.

Unless I've missed something I reckon the starter needs replacing.

Is this what they recommend or you going to have a play on the dyno ? Wonder what you can go without piston to valve issues 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
4 minutes ago, boakesautomarine said:

Is this what they recommend or you going to have a play on the dyno ? Wonder what you can go without piston to valve issues 

They have a setting that they recommend but I left my dial gauge at work so left the cams there.

I'll see how it goes on the dyno and adjust it on the weekends.