Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Cheers guys. I'll port the head before putting it back together. I've been procrastinating lately but I'll get it sorted.

In regard to custom cams, I've left it too late for that but will certainly go that route down the track when I go solid etc.

It started as a 1000 crank hp build but now I think I'll take it further, which is why I don't mind building a foundation for a while.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Just pulled the trigger on the Kelford 218-C cams and a set of Atomic vernier gears. Will be interesting to see the difference it make on the dyno.

Eventually there will be a high stall converter added to the mix so that should enable decent launches again. :launch:

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d
On 06/04/2021 at 8:57 PM, Puffwagon said:

Just pulled the trigger on the Kelford 218-C cams and a set of Atomic vernier gears. Will be interesting to see the difference it make on the dyno.

Eventually there will be a high stall converter added to the mix so that should enable decent launches again. :launch:

Those will sound excellent. 

Will be curious to see what sort of response you lose. Probably not noticeable with the auto

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I reckon they'll be pretty out there.

I'm halfway through porting the head so it's not really an apples to apples comparison with spool and power etc.

I dunno how the cams will affect spool, but I have a 98 and E85 tune for the current setup with dyno graphs, so I can overlay them to see whats happened.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Here's a couple of pics of the intake side. It's not done yet but it's nearly there. I need a longer carbide bur so I'll finish it off at work on Monday.

N5oCxUV.jpg

v97UJcT.jpg

QYUCZfq.jpg

FHNXaVW.jpg

• Like 3