Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Yep, most hobby shops should sell it by the litre (used to be $20 a litre) unless you know someone who sells it in bulk. I'm sure Jet could aquire it so you can boost Terry to the moon! 🚀 

I loved RC not just for the competition but for the sweet smell of bean oil and eye burning methanol. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

I can buy bulk race fuels already but haven't got to that point yet. Haha it'll have to happen sooner rather than later though right?!

I'm looking to do some upgrades before I send the territory again so we might have to wait a while :happyfriends:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
it'll have to happen sooner rather than later though right?!
Yes, yes it will and we'll be watching with excitement or at least I will be...
Direct port injection seems to be new fad with water/methanol. Pretty sure with compression fittings (unlike push lock with PTFE lines) for the kits you can use pure methanol as there's almost zero chance of leakage. That is how Stathi at IMS can match E85 with 98oct and methanol injection, plus lots of tuning time I'm guessing.
I thought of other ideas like just using an actual fuel injector along with a pump from camping stores but they are supposedly water only, plus you can buy misting nozzles cheap unlike high pressure water/meth designed nozzles purely because they have internal filters and swirl generators etc. Inject water straight into the turbo but use filtered water at the minimum (demineralised is best but not required imo) as tap water calcifies and chops up the comp wheel like a boat prop does over time, or at least that's what I saw with my vortech blower set up over 20k kms. It was still good but you could see the damage it was doing.
Long story short I'd be injecting either water/meth with E85 and 98oct (use it as a knock deterrent), pure methanol with E85 or just go to straight methanol like what's his name did on here (yep, as usual I can't remember usernames!).
Dual injector intake manifold from Plazmaman etc if you are Richie Rich and the second set of injectors could be for straight methanol for racing with a remote tank somewhere.
The possibilities are almost endless with enough coin...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I got the head off today and there's not a lot to say really.

The head and valves are still in the same condition as they were when I first assembled it.

The block has minimal wear and there are just a couple of little scratches where the porcelain from the plugs got stuck, when the plugs broke. They barely pick up with the finger nail and are so small that they won't affect anything.

So yerp there we go. I'll slap it back together and farken send it.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

• Donating Members

With some new wastegate hose and a few zip ties...
What does everyone use for vacuum hose (brand or just rubber?) as I've only got the oem on mine still (fuel reg piece looks like it's hard though) and I just used Supercheap auto no name on the xr6t.
I should buy a GFB fuse again but I have a NOB (Nizpro overboost valve) dodged up with the stock bypass valve on a pvc pipe T piece!
The F6X needs some replacements but not for a few weeks now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Looking to order cams right now. Looking at the HT3 from Precision Racing or the 218-C from Kelford. Only gonna rev it to 6500ish for now but will send it to fark with a billet crank etc not far down the track.

Anyone got a spare 2 cents on the subject? All opinions welcome :)

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

I know first hand of a recent 1500rwhp build that had to go back to a smaller cam to make the power, from what I know it basically had the biggest barra cam in there to begin with (stage 4 etc). Just like a NA cam you have to think about port velocity, is the head ported etc can it actually use the extra flow and not hurt velocity. Turbo's engines don't need really big big cams to make the power as we know. Bigger the cam the more boost and more rpm you will need just to get it off its arse.

Edited by adams355
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

Sorry wouldn't let me add I would think about a custom cam and have a chat with some of the aussie companies or suppliers about its purpose. In most big V8 builds NA etc you won't usually see a off the shelf cam used. That's just my 2c

• Thanks 1