Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

It has seen over 35psi dozens of times, it has hectic valve springs rated for 37+psi, has seen over 6500rpm countless times and are over 15 years old. I spose that will be why.

It's only $5k for a dmp set of rockers so I'll gladly take donations for further testing lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

Surely rockers rarely break though? Do you know what the oil pressure usually is for your engine? 

Didn't shred anything else up top bouncing around? If it didn't then my knock on wood worked! 

(p.s. I don't believe in that sh*t btw) 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah dunno how often they break. Ya hear a lot about power but not much about failures.

Ya'd think I would know the oil pressure but I don't. It's got a set of boundary pump gears, adjustable relief with about 5 threads more preload, upgraded back plate and has various areas opened up and smoothed out.

Nothing else got damaged by the failure.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I call that, kissed on the d¡ck...
And tbh so you should be with all the effort with broken engines and issues learning to tune and doing it all yourself is an excellent achievement in itself...
It's no fun paying someone to do all the work and tuning to chase a number. I found out that dilemma after my first decent powered car in 2001 so then stuck with power that I believed the engines could handle with my driving style indefinitely, to a point at least.
Nothing special just perfect for overtaking multiple cars on the highway and towing decent sized boats.

I doubt I'll get my head around the PCMTec software but I'm willing to slowly learn and when I can't stands it no more...I'll hand it to a tuning shop to tune it for me. Won't be for years though unless I get a win fall at some point

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha tell that to my wife then! Nah she's on board with it all though.

But really I'm only doing it for the hell of it and because I want to see if I can. I think at this stage I'm firmly on track to make 1000awhp and if things remain on this path there will be plenty more to come. How much I dunno but I'll get my ball of string out and we'll find out eventually.

I'm not loaded by any means and if funds weren't an issue I can promise you I would make a statement lol. As it is I just plod along, make plans, change my mind and every now and then make some power. Haha I wanna make some honda power soon but we'll see how that goes ;)

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I've been slowly collecting parts over the years. Second hand manifolds (FG intake and exhaust) along with 4" dump pipes etc. I've got a walbro 460 and 1000cc matched injectors from kpm but will probably go an adjustable fuel reg or plumb in a decent fuel pressure sensor. I have my water/meth kit still but im considering upping it to port injection and one nozzle pre throttle body.
I have no plans for a built engine but you never know... That would mean $4-5k for a ZF build and then it snowballs!
I go in Fri for the spinal cord stimulator trial again (did it over 2yrs ago) to see how technology is progressing so might get one fitted finally which will hopefully change my lifestyle. Will see though...

Forgot to add I ran my ryobi whipper snipper on 25% nitro a couple of years ago as from the packet it never idled or full throttled without choking out. Revved it's head of and never sounded better but I've got the tool now (open circle with a piece of pie shape in it...) so was making a circular saw attachment for it for fun but it needs tuning. Another job for fun which will probably never get finished lol.

• Donating Members

They temporarily implant leads up along the spinal cord (as close as possible) to whichever level the spinal cord gives issues and attach the device (similar to a pacemaker) on the kidney area with fixomull tape. For me I think they pushed it to the thoracic area but the leads (think 200lb fishing line) has small conductive rings spaced every centimetre or so for about 4-6" long to cover the area.
Think of it as an internal TENS machine but originally at frequencies in 70khz range from memory of my last trial. It blocks the pain signal to the brain from there up and does it extremely well without feeling it 90% of the time. They have updated the leads so they are like a small paddle now. It's fully adjustable like a normal TENS but you don't get the muscle contraction or twitching as it only effects the spinal cord (tingling feeling).
Hopefully the tech has progressed enough that I'll get one implanted permanently but we'll see...

Apologies for going off topic with it.