Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Athena head gasket has been ordered.

The trans is just gonna get seals and clutches for now, so I can see how it reacts to minimal changes. I should probably do the input shaft and converter while it's out but it's not really that big of a deal to pull it out twice.

Looks like I've got a couple of fun weekends ahead before roll racing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

She's dead Jim. Had a wastegate line come off last weekend while it was on 98 and 45psi of boost later, I've lost comp in a cylinder to the point that it's got half a miss.

Options now are; get another set of the same cp bullet series pistons (rated at 1000hp) in it before roll racing providing the bores are ok, or wait a while and get a few more engine upgrades into it for all the power. I think I'm gonna wait a while cos I dunno if I cbf doing the engine twice this year. Haha I'll have to go bigger eventually!

At any rate I'm not too sad about it, I've learnt a lot along the way and realistically I was at the limit of the setup anyway. 685awkw/918.6awhp is about 1050hp at the crank so I may have got lucky now, rather than go for 750awkw and have it let go like a mofo either from the crank or the pistons failing.

So yerp, there it is, we'll see some more hectic action happen again, sooner or later :launch:

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Member For: 6y 11m 18d

Ah well sh*t happens mate, never to bad when you can fix it yourself. I will send you my turbo fuse if you want it if you still run factory type BOV its just sitting in the shed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, boakesautomarine said:

sh*tttt those cp bullets are only 1000 because of the pins , more with upgraded pins  

I didn't know that, I thought that was the other cp ones. I've got .200 pins in the motor now, so maybe I'll just go again with another set of pistons.

Cheers for the comments guys, it should be going again soon. :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Yeah the GFB fuse was what we used on the xr6t 10yrs ago now. Another recommendation by a tuner who wasn't local to us. Easily set and you easily feel it when it activates while on full boost.
I really should buy another one as I rarely look at those lines hidden in the territory... Over 200 clams now! Brett's business must be doing extremely well lol.

Will be interesting to see what the engine (and gearbox) looks like.
Whatever is the cheapest fix I'll knock on wood for you!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I didn't know that, I thought that was the other cp ones. I've got .200 pins in the motor now, so maybe I'll just go again with another set of pistons.

Cheers for the comments guys, it should be going again soon. :)

Yeah when I rang up they said all good to 1200 with pins ect