Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Unsure where this fits from the swirlpot but I think it's the return line side of things (looks like a glass BB as a check valve?). My mate and Joe at CMS assumed it was a restriction so they removed it.
All lines were upgraded to twin -8 feed and a -8 or 10 return.
He had an external surge tank with twin 044's.56cebf98b3268d08551bb584e46a4dfa.jpg

On 17/01/2021 at 2:18 PM, JETURBO said:
Solid effort getting two 525’s in that pot lol, something to be mindful of is most injectors have an absolute maximum upper pressure capacity of 100psi 

This is why you’ll see most big banger builds target 40psi base pressure vs out standard 58.5psi 

If you’re running excessive base 65-70 plus 30psi ontop you’re on the cusp of the injector not opening against head pressure, heating the windings up as the pressure it’s fighting is growing all leading to injectors wearing potentially out of balance and a heavily miss matched set in your built engine delivering what we assume is a balanced load of fuel but in fact isn’t. 

one of the reasons we stay away from 100% IDC in any case not to mention that the injector will heavily go non linear after 100psi 

Just be careful bro, FPR800’s are only good for a maximum of a single walbro 255 and one Pierberg as it’s rating is 800hp of flow dumping capacity and as intended the 525 is at least a 800hp pump on 98 fuel alone  

I'm wondering if that's why my mates engine grenaded itself or the new owner put the wrong tune in the car (xcal4 with 98oct and E85 tunes)? Towards the end before he sold the car they were pushing over 100 psi of fuel pressure through the reg with 30 odd psi of boost. I think he had the 1650cc ish injectors at that point but not totally sure.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Dunno but it's what's gonna be installed. I suppose the injector baskets can catch the rest and I'll just service the injectors every 6 months or so.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah man it was $110 posted so it is up there for a fuel filter. It should last for a while hopefully.

In other news my farken fuel sender has sh*t the bed so it looks like I'll be pulling the tank again to fix whatever I farked up.

In other other news, I'm gonna fit the 7675 this weekend. I've got everything for the install so I'll get into it on Saturday morning. We've got until Wednesday off so if I don't get it done on Saturday I can always go into work on the days off and finish it. Any guesses as to what it'll make on 98? The weather is hot af so it's not ideal boost conditions.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha yerp I reckon it'll make a little bit more but we'll find out soon enough! 450 will be a good start!

I've got a 50mm external gate with 2.5 inch piping so it should be ok.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Hummm you’re going to need more than that 50mm Gate, Trust me ! 
Swop it straight up for a 60mm 

50mm Gates on a 6 Boost are terrible on anything bigger than a 82 even with good aftermarket boost controllers.