Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It's an interesting concept but I don't think it would work well with the stock pot due to the issues you've already raised.

A couple of pumps clamped to a stick attached to the stock top part, connected to a hydramat, would be the simplest option along those lines.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Yeah I saw that a while ago but forgot and had the Aeromotive dual phantom in my head as it was done by a bloke on Facebook with a TT and he's in Cairns. Pretty sure he's a mechanic or similar and has been in the racing scene for years. It was to expensive imo and needed modding to the oem tank so I balked at it...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

My mechanical Autometer gauge just flings back to zero once it goes past the max value (20psi). Hilarious to watch but not so when the wastegate was temporarily wired shut for testing on a mates car years ago...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
7 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Where

I'll attempt to put it into the stock pot, next to the other pump.

how

I'm thinking that I'll have to remove most or all of the lower section's insert's guts and just leave enough to lock the halves together.

what wiring upgrade will you do?

The same basic thing that gets done with a relay upgrade, except with 2 relays and 2 separate battery feeds for each relay/pump. It'll involve lots of terminals and crimping!

I haven't got the hobbs switch yet but will chuck that into the mix when I get it. I might be able to trigger it with PCMTec but I haven't looked into it yet.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

Thanks. Will watch with interest. I know AI were at one stage looking at doing a pot for the Territory, don't know if that ever eventuated but at $1100 odd without pumps that's a bit expensive. Mind you, a PW or PM external surge with twin Pierburg pumps and wiring plus pressure reg is close to $3k fitted.

• Like 1