Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I would try the external gate setup (I've got a manifold and gate etc) but it's pretty much a $1200 and all day job to buy and fit a housing, 4 inch dump tube, vbands etc. I'll give it a crack if someone wants to supply parts but otherwise I'm not curious enough to spend the money to find out.

I always knew the pump would need more than a quick fit up but it was fine for a while and that's all I needed. Fwiw the pump wiring and the car wiring are the same thickness so I wasn't worried about much there.

I spose an external surge tank would be alright but there is frig all space on the territory and the intank pump location is great for high G acceleration. Haha it's also cheaper to run intank pumps.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Remember boost pressure isn’t the same as Dynamic airflow 15 psi on the 7675 is moving at least the same airflow as a 82 on 25 psi 

You need to match Fuel to Airflow as per Alpha N .... You’ll need to up spec that fuel system quickly to meet the big turbo even down low ( FWIW I can net over 480rwkw on 16psi on E85 with a GTX42 ;) ) 

• Thanks 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

If you went a wiring upgrade, new relay and a JMS Hobbs switched 5 psi boost reference voltage booster to 16 psi you could make that 525 work into the 550rwkw zone ;) 

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I had a look at voltage boosters and they are pretty much the same price as another pump, so for that reason I've decided on running 2 pumps.

I've just ordered another 525 w/ express postage and will order the hobbs switch through work next week or whenever. I've got new convoluted pipe here, will grab a y piece from work, have a new relay and wiring already (will grab another relay), so should be sorted in a couple of weeks or so.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

What's the size of the convoluted fuel hose for the swirlpot@Puffwagon? I've got a couple but not sure of their size or their location now (thanks to the flood)...
Do you run a custom swirl pot or just the stock unit? I've seen larger copies online but unsure if our Terry swirlpots are identical to a B or F series???
If it was a easy as removing the back seat like the sedan I'd be laughing but this being the worst car in the history of Ford to work on (someone prove me wrong), it's a drop straps, undo filler, slide the farker forward blah blah blah... And that's not even from experience lol.
Remind my next life to live further south where it's cool...and not to join the military!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

You can get the tank out in about 20 minutes in the driveway after a bit of practice.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the stock pot but have an idea or two. A custom plug and play unit would make life easier but I'm happy to modify stock stuff for now.

Haha it's cool today but have seen over 48c in the shade more than once here!

Here's a piece of hose

6mjHuSv.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I thought about having the pumps strapped to the outside of the swirlpot with a hose up and over to the bottom to scavenge fuel making the pot large enough for possibly two pumps to feed from but they'd need to have threads on the pump intake like an 044 has for it to work... Maybe Pierburg pumps?
It would probably need assembly/strapping from inside the tank due to the opening being small on the tank.
I procrastinate a lot!