Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Cheers mate, it doesn't leak and it doesn't bang on anything so I'm calling that a win lol.

It's kinda off it's tits really. It definitely is a 10/10 performance system and a 3/10 comfort system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It was 8 hours total to remove the old exhaust and make the new one etc. I reckon I could do the same in 6 hours next time :)

I put a 45 over the cradle, after the small kick up from the straight pipe. Then I used a couple of 45s to finish it off to the resonator.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

So...should I drive 40hrs for you to install my system?
It looks straight 80% of the exhaust which is less than a falcon so why the price hike from xforce and still needs a hammer to the dump pipe to make fit! That's from Zane at Maxx Performance who said that and they still haven't changed it... I've got a B and FG series 4" dump pipes that I picked up second hand, although don't have a welder anymore (not that I can weld decent anyway) or a hoist. Pretty sure a local muffler shop would be as dear for a custom unit and probably not as neat as what you have even done there mate!
I assume the clamps with those fittings were the most expensive part of it bar the dump pipe?
I could never stand a 4" exhaust as it's just to loud, my catless 3.5" xforce system with a small rear muffler (after we found theirs was a restriction) was deep enough for me and was just under the threshold of droning when on the highway so can only imagine a wagon with a large cabin how bad it would be.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ahaha maybe not, I still have a sore neck from looking up all day! I reckon you could drive in, drive out for $2000 with what I've done here. If you wanted a muffler then there would be another $400 to $600 roughly.

The v-bands were $130 delivered for 4 of them, I bought 4 x 45's, 4 x 90's, 3 metres of straight and the resonator for $660. I used all the 45's, 1650mm of straight and none of the 90's. The 90's and some of the remaining straight will be used to make the dump for the big turbo and I made sure to have some spare bends in case. I already had the dump and cat but with them included, I spose all up the system cost around the $1000 mark.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Just did a bit of road tuning to check for knock. Was a touch there at 4 grand so pulled over and pulled timing out.

Apparently the exhaust is working cos it makes 20psi by 3080rpm and creeps up to 23psi by 5700rpm...at 0% wgdc.

It touched overboost at 5900 and 24.5psi and went blblblblblbl as they do. I'll address this in the tune and it'll be fine.

Good news is no knock while any of this shenanigans was going on so I'll just have to live with it for now.

• Like 1