Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

So yerp I got the correct fittings for the trans cooler today so I'll have fun fitting that later today.

A few flanges arrived today as well, for future fun activities.

poRBExI.jpg

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Gettin there mate. I'm waiting on a couple of 3 into 1 merge collectors and then I can start planning/tacking it up. My goal is a low mount, t4 twin scroll manifold. Whether that is how it works out remains to be seen.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

Interesting, most of the aftermarket exhaust manifolds are for high mount setups. Not that it can't work, I'm sure it'll work out good.

Do you know, given the Territory runs the M86 diff stock, are the rear axles larger than the sedan axles? I've not researched, just wondering if you know.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I think with a bit of heat shield it will look relatively inconspicuous. It will be a cross between a sinco twin scroll and a crg low mount and whatever else I need to do to it. I've opted for the 40mm id tube for all the flow.

I don't know if the axles are different. I can jump under there tomorrow and have a look though. I have some sedan axles here too, that I can compare to.

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I fitted the trans cooler today and attached it to the stock top mount cooler bracket. I welded a few tabs and bent the trans cooler brackets 90 degrees to fit, then bolted that sucker in place. Of course the fan was spinning the wrong way but that was sorted out easily. Being a turbo territory means I have a bonnet scoop so the fan is pulling air from there, but I'll have to wait and see if it works well enough.

I also flushed the trans and got the fluid nice and clean by the end of it. I put a tap into the bottom of the trans fluid drum and ran a hose w/ fitting to the the trans fill location, so it was fairly quick to pump the fluid out and get the new stuff in.

So yerp time to put the feet up for a bit and enjoy my sunburn and whisky :)

• Like 3