Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Don’t use generalised 400 series hose.... use correct Transmission fluid hose ;)

Just had to re do a vehicle that another workshop “had a go at” doing a ZF cooler with a bunch of fails and one was the condition of the 400 series hose over time, don’t rate it at all especially for the cost vs Transmission oil hose. I know 400 series has a reasonable reputation for liquid transfer but I would keep to Fuels vs oils especially on the Aeroflow rating range 

Speedfow maybe better but a dedicated Transmission cooler hose is exactly designed for that ;) 

True story is True 

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The reason I asked about the 400 series hose is for two reasons; it's only rated to 100c and the pushlock that suits the hose specifically says on the aeroflow website that it's not suitable for transmission use.

I'll jump into @El Andrew's thread and use that as a guide.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

That’s my point as proven by the degradation of the last vehicle I had to fix ;) 

Goss 13mm ID FTW bro 

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well wasn't that a whole bunch of farking around. All kinds of sh*t ordered for an external trans cooler setup as well as some crap to run my fuel pump through a relay.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

My trans gets up to a touch over 90c before I lay off it and let it rest. The way I figure it, if the trans temp on the scanner is 90c then the fluid heading to the trans cooler has got to be hotter than that.

As the 400 series hose is rated to 100c it seems to be, on paper at least, not really suitable for trans cooler hose. I've never used the stuff for trans lines, hence the questions.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

To rich for me with the "flash" speedflow fittings! I'll be using the standard ptfe hose if I can figure out how to u-turn them to the passenger front or rear door area. Brass barbs or my preferred method (1/2" copper pipe laying around the house) into Repco special rubber hose...
The choice of champions!