Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d
On 14/08/2020 at 3:12 PM, bjc said:

Previous owner said it's an original PW stage 2 but unsure, I trust him on that though. It's fairly big but haven't got the front bumper off yet to measure it. Very similar to the Rapid cooler size (thicker I think?).
IAT's are generally 10-12°C above ambient and ambient temp was 29 when I last drove the car. It's generally after I've driven to the shops (coolant only gets to 70 at most on the trips from home) and parked the car for 20+mins then start it back up. IAT's are at 45°C from then and unless I give it a squirt on the trip home (60km zone) it'll stay at 42-44 regardless. This seems to be the case even when the ambient temp is colder around 24... Thermostat is an 80 or 82 and fans come on at 82 and off at 80, trans stays at or below 80 with the stock heat exchanger still.
I've built an air filter box out of corflute atm before I settle on design and thought it was because the SS hot side goes through this area that it was holding the heat but I wrapped it in "quality" silver insulation air bubblewrap from hello fresh (food delivery mob) and it made no difference which I'm glad I didn't exhaust wrap it first now!
Summer heat will come soon as the temp is all over the place atm so if it goes to 60°C like it was without the airbox then I'll have to keep testing.

Would have thought IAT's would be a couple degrees above ambient when cruising. I'm rarely seeing 5-8 degrees difference between ambient and IAT's, regardless of whether cruising or WOT. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Just finished putting the driver side ic pipe back on cos the farker came off when I was out. Easy fix though.

Here's a pic of the broken engine that came out of the territory.

mgM8yRT.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

So you brag about a car that someone else bought, someone else built, someone else tuned, that you bought and it'll still get smoked by my Territory?

Do you even read bro?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

I clicked on this topic after seeing the grammar correction in the preview and thought... wtf....

Then I realised it was Arron being corrected... 

I loled.

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
8 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

So you brag about a car that someone else bought, someone else built, someone else tuned, that you bought and it'll still get smoked by my Territory?

Do you even read bro?

What. steady up. Did I poke a nerve or something. 

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Trans cooler hose. Is 400 series ok or should I go the 500 series?

400 series with clamps for added protection. 

KXOqwDjl.jpg

• Thanks 1