Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 8d

Yeah I know with mine I could get the filter in place, looked ok but after a few minutes it dropped again. The only way was to secure it into position with the lock wire.

See how you go tomorrow with oil.. From memory mine took closer to 6l when I flushed it.

• Thanks 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d
5 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Penrite bmv. I got 4 litres into the trans and it said nope.

I've picked up a couple of bottles transmax and at $108 for 4 litres I hope it works a bit better.

Dudeeeeee Why lol !!

There’s x3 oils that work in a ZF and only x2 I would recommend 

GW all day erry day bro ! 

ZF filters don’t need lock wires or any props, Get the right filter, no modification to inlet required,the right oil

do it correctly and zero issues

Edited by JETURBO
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 17d

Cos #noob I spose. It's going on the hoist on Saturday so I'll get some GW and sort it out then.

I'll be sure to wire the filter too while I'm at it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I tried that yesterday to start with and fluid came out, then today I added another litre by jacking the back up higher than the front.

Based off the pics I took, it looks like it will want about 5 litres from a pan drop.

I've gone to a different filter and pan though so a different amount of fluid needed isn't that strange.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Springs arrived today. Gonna fit them on Saturday. If the timing is good I'll see about dropping the exhaust and seeing how much of a difference it makes on the dyno. No promises though :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

I used Transmax Z when I got mine flushed. The strange wharr noise (sounded like a pump whine!) was still there after having it done so about 6 months later I poured a bottle or so of Lubegard in and another 3 months or so later I then used a chinesium speedflow fitting with barb and hose to pump the khunt full with 3lts more of the Transmax... Was as doughy as phuck but the noise disappeared after a short while (I have nfi how long, I can't remember yesterday). I then emptied roughly 3lts out and said yep!
It's IMPOSSIBLE to get the level right on these gearboxes when you live in a temperature hotter than the check level... It's at burn your hand off point by the time the engine is started and run through the gears so I just go off the She'll be right method.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

Looking forward to seeing exhaustless Dyno Data ;) 

Hey Nath is the Territory Turbocharger in the correct FG rotation or a bit of a in between B series rotation ? 

From memory compressor outlet is facing up to the bonnet like FG rotation but the CHRA is anticlockwise say 20* from typical CHAR rotation ... memory is fuzzy lol hence the ask 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

Oil "in" on the top and water down the left side (wheel arch side) from memory.
I keep having a turbine bolt on the housing that lines up with the water banjo keeps coming undone. It's the only thing stopping it from falling out so need to get some blue liquid loctite... 2bf296fa816a2ffc8956cafa53f53aa3.jpg

• Like 1