Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Meh. I didn't get on it as I had to take someone else's kid home and I only finished up at school finishing time. I think it needs a touch more fluid though.

Also looking at the filter hole size, I think next time I do it I'll use some tin snips and cut it out to make it a bit larger. Considering I only swapped the pan juices I might just drain it and chop it up then.

That can be tomorrows job.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I'm looking to buy some springs for my suspension, as it tries to wheel stand with it's current saggy springs. Any suggestions and thoughts about 30mm raised. I will be towing a large caravan occasionally.

Edited by Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ordered and on the way. I'll see what condition the shocks are in when I do the springs and see about swapping them at some stage too.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Brettus here... Haven't read your thread yet but I need new shocks and springs also both front and rear. The car isn't sagging or anything but pretty sure the front shocks are rooted and the bump stops are gone! 

I'd like to know how Stathi from IMS (Independent Motorsports) gets his TT to launch without squatting in the arse? I assumed it was either airbag in the rear springs or he has the transfer case locked (welded) and front diff welded also. The latter would account for the antisquat as we do the same with the RC cars and buggy, truggy, MT's... 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I'm interested to see how different the car launches with the new springs, as hopefully a lot more weight will be over the front tyres. I think a welded transfer case with a lsd in the rear would make a huge difference with grip levels. Haha I might find out one day.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

I messaged him a while ago about it (locking the t-case) and he didn't recommend it for a road car and said it wasn't needed under I think 450kw. Unsure why it wouldn't be good on the street apart from it loading the driveline as it would be sweet for street light racing! I rarely start my car and when I do it's driving less than 20kms so I reckon I'd get a decent time period out of it. I do have a spare ZF and t-case for it. It's from the Kosij boys so might be in worse condition than mine!!! 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

He might have said it's not needed for the street cos the awd territory is gonna walk away from most cars at street legal speeds anyway? I think the 450kw figure is probably where it starts to smoke, rather than gently spin the front tyres in second gear.

Being a heavy vehicle, having a locked t-case is going to put a lot of load into the axles. It wouldn't be too hard to adapt an Atlas t-case but I don't think I'll be the one to do that. Ha it would be a proper 4x4 with that mod!

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The gearbox still isn't happy after topping up and after a bit of reading it seems that folks here have run into the same issues with the fluid I used. Although it specifically says it can be used for BF/FG Falcons, it seems that it is a no go. Looks like I'll be off to the shop to get a different fluid.

Fwiw the gearbox was happier with the 160 thousand km old fluid.