Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Well the parts store didn't have anything like that so I ordered some from ebay. I put the rail and injectors (minus the filters) back in with the fpr800 and went for a drive. The fuel was stable but lean so I scaled the injectors a bit and it is sorted. Easily held 12:1 to redline.

I'll have to scale the injectors a bit better and mess with a couple of other things as it looks like I may have tuned around the slightly blocked injectors. At any rate the problem has been solved and I can focus my energy elsewhere.

Happy days :)

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Good work!

I'm still suspicious I've got some fuel pressure issue as I've had to scale the low slope a bit to get the fuel trims close to zero on F6 injectors, when really you'd expect I could use factory F6 data no worries. High slope is fine - actual lambda matches target lambda perfectly so unlikely to be a supply issue.

Occasionally stalls if you pull up to a stop too quickly and the trims fluctuate a bit. Have checked most things so have grabbed a GFB reg and gauge so I can check the pressure myself. Mechanic checked the pressure once but complained he had to remove the rear seat so fark know what he did. Obviously neither the supply or return at the pump assembly are an appropriate place to confirm fuel pressure!

So I think I've effectively just tuned around some other issue as well. I keep meaning to dig around in PCMTEC to find the table where it switches fuel cut off as you return to idle - if I raise that threshold a smidge I might fix the stall.

Anyway, this is your thread not mine

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

If you search for decel then you should be able to find the rpm where the injectors re-enable. There are other things to look over too.

Something I like to do is to let the trims err on the side of pulling a slight amount of fuel. That way if you get some situations where it goes into open loop there is always enough fuel there rather than not enough.

Edited by Puffwagon
It posted before I hit the post button.
  • Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Thanks for that. I guess I am doing that already in a sense as I'm targeting pretty rich AFRs when it's under load so that there is plenty of safety margin.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Injector bits showed up just now so I'll chuck them in tomorrow. 

Also have the dyno booked for the weekend. Any guesses as to what it'll make?

J1SdsqV.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Got to the dyno today and it went pretty much as I expected. The exhaust showed to be a huge restriction but we all knew that anyway. The first run right off the bat showed 367awkw on 16psi and after a bit of fiddling it went 427awkw at 21psi. The wgdc was at 85% and briefly flicked to 100% a couple of times so didn't bother pushing it further.

So yerp, zorst is needed and possibly a stiffer actuator but overall I'm pretty happy for now. Haha it's quite quick at 21psi but I reckon it'll get turned down until I do the zorst.

Happy days:)

YmKYtQc.jpg

MwrywHy.jpg

• Like 8