Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
1 minute ago, Romulus said:

How much boost currently on E85 and what fuel pump or pump setup do you have? I sometimes wish I had that much traction, other times I enjoy the territory banging the limited in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

It's currently on track E85 which I guess is E85. Running a single Walbro 460 intank on the factory wiring with a modded pot, which I plan on upgrading to a battery feed W/relay soon.

It's on 20psi now with conservative timing, 8 degrees just on/before the hit up to 14 up top.

Will try more timing when I get to an actual dyno but safe enough for now.

Haha no traction with any decent launch. It just smokes the front tyres.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

IMO the Walbro pump can't provide enough flow and/or pressure but only a pressure gauge and return flow test will confirm that. My G6ET ran out of pump on E85 around 460-470rwkw IIRC so had to upgrade to an external surge and twin pump setup. I'll check out what timing I ran in my setup for E85.

Great video, but it just doesn't appear that aggressive for the boost running and fuel type, It should be savage. My G6ET on E85 would torch the tyres rolling along in 4th gear @ 21psi boost running Bridgestone RE003 tyres. 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I do have a fp gauge but it's under the bonnet so the dyno room will let me check that. I have double checked several times within the past 24 hours that the vacuum line is attached so no issues there. It might be dropping under boost though?

Worth noting it does have a stock cat back so that is probably a restriction at this boost level.

I should turn it back to 16psi but meh. It's quick enough for now. It's a build in progress.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d
Theres no point running more than 10-15psi with the stock cat back, it’s absolutely choking the exhaust. I had a Manta twin 2.5” cat back system for the SY Turbo I sold only 3 weeks ago, would have been a perfect upgrade.

Until you change the cat back your pushing shyte up hill.
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yerp the virtual dyno stuff I did pretty much confirmed that in my opinion.

I have changed the dump, cat and some of the other twin pipe stuff so it's not stock there but it does need updating. It's not much really.

Wifey pants has pre-approved the workshop tools I need to make zorsty bits so I'll have a decent zorst eventually.

Whether I fool around with this tune or wait until the hot side is done, it'll be what it is, just me building and tuning my car.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Was looking through the camera files and thought this might be a better clip as it was manually shifted.

I should have shifted earlier but it's hard to film and drive.

At any rate it's just some car sh*t to watch :victory:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

very nice that time aside from the big jolt/flair through 6,300 to 6,700 revs as it tried in vain to actually switch from 1st to 2nd haha it also seemed to drop the revs a bit lower into 2nd than the run further up this page, interestingly enough.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep it was spinning in first and I was really struggling to hold the camera and car straight. That's why the revs dropped further, cos it was wheel spinning when I shifted.