Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I did try some launch control and building more boost by foot braking it but it just smoked the tyres with those attempts.

That clip was a split second foot brake attempt after half a dozen others lol.

Is what it is though, the poor car :launch:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

haha nice work :) only the tamest of all launches haha I wasn't talking about the launch, though... seemed a tad doughy on the shift and didn't pick up boost quickly again suggesting it wasn't making the smoothest power at hte top of first and mid-top of 2nd.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah could be something going on there. It was after more than half a dozen launch to 100 attempts so everything had warmed up a lot.

I'll have to do a bunch of proper logging and tuning as I haven't done any, other than to ascertain the cams are moving as they should be and to quickly add some timing to suit E85 and more boost.

I've noticed yesterday that it seemed it was running out of pump up top but it could also be a blocked fuel filter. The instant fuel seemed to have an issue today too for some reason. The wife and I checked the afr last night and it was fine then, but I wasn't watching today. Something to check tomorrow.

I also had only tuned the trans for the 98 tune so it more than likely needs more shift pressure.

Flamin non stop stuff to do when you change stuff all the time :)

Edited by Puffwagon

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yeah, could just be shift pressure etc that's required in a ZF tune for E85 over 98 for that section of the video...

heat soak could explain the rest, too..

how was the bum-dyno? felt faster?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Hard to tell cos I've driven it hard for a total of about 1km. The rest has been warming it up by driving around town.

It felt quicker yesterday but you know how you get used to the power pretty quickly.

I think it's likely no different.

The instant fuel has got me wondering cos it's usually 99.9 but wasn't today. I dunno if it was yesterday or not but I'm definately going to have a look at it. Fine on the wb gauge last night but sh*t can go pear shaped quickly with fuel issues, leaks or blockages etc.

• Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I give it third time , blown up BA BF(1), blown up territory, No1 (2) and how long for blown up territory No2 (3). I give it till the end of july. Home tuning with little knowledge is VERY dangerous. Poor man pays twice. three times , 10 times, They never really, never really learn 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
14 minutes ago, finnas said:

well it already seems like a better tune than your XFT pile of sh*t.

nobody wants to hear your bullsh*t anymore

15 1/2 years of tuning at XFT = 2 fractured  balancers , I lossened flywheel (possibly nizpro) and a set of coils 

that's over 3 cars. 

Hey something must be done correct.

Blow ups are a combination of poor parts and poor tuning 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

Tell me, why is Jim shopping around for engine and trans builds then? Did his car get impounded? I heard through the grapevine someone got hoonlawed in it😲

How much boost currently on E85 and what fuel pump or pump setup do you have? I sometimes wish I had that much traction, other times I enjoy the territory banging the limited in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.