Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Standard size pistons slipped into a torque plate honed bore. Luckily the bores were perfectly round etc in this block. Top ring 22 thou, second ring 28 thou in case you wanted to know.

Oh that reminds me, I've gotta sort out a catch can asap.

58 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Dudeeeeeeee 

cummmoooonnnnnn , Show us the Dyno sheet lol, Can’t say all that then not show us hahah 

I didn't get one cos ain't no point having a sheet that shows how much the car sucks! However to not totally blue ball everyone the dyno showed 290kw at about 4000rpm. The virtual dyno sheet shows 395kw at 4300 then drops out the arse coming back up to just over 300kw.

The numbers make it seem slower than it is but then again a dyno number, real or virtual, is just a number

It does go from 0 to 100 in about 4.6 seconds though so you can kinda guess the power from that.

This is from a few days ago on the highway.

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Its not about how much it sucked but a great way to share and look at what it did, why it did it and what options you have to rectify... it’s a good thing you’ve made the effort to get it on a Dyno... I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again the street is about good for 1/2 a tune tops. The Dyno is a bloody expensive tuning tool and should be used accordingly !!

would love to see what it did and where it did it as I’ve got a TT coming in soon for mods and not much to compare it too when it does ;) 

what tune shop did you go to, what Dyno ?

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I can get the dyno sheet, they still have my file on record, but I want to fix at least the ignition side of things then go back down and recheck it, this time with a back pressure sensor in the nbo2 location. I think I'll head down again on Saturday, providing the parts arrive before then.

I can send you my tune and logs if you're keen for a peek.

I went to Towler Mechanical, I think they have a DD dyno there but I don't really know much about dynos.

• Gold Donating Members

I’m surprised you didn’t want it for reference, you paid for it obviously as ol Bill does zero for love haha 

Definitely don’t let Towler touch it though lol ;) Yeh he has an older DD AWD 

It’s my golden rule on any B series, no new coil packs and plugs, no Dyno

been there stuffed around with that way too many times !

Always here if you want me to have a gander mate :) 

Without even looking at it 21 psi on 98 with 300 @ 4000rpm seems a big chunk too much boost, use the Dyno to dial in efficiency throughout the tune, this is the point of a calibrated tuning tool. No guessing required 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I figured that since I could see it falling over on the dyno, I'd see what I can fix and then head back to compare. I just wanted to see what it made today so no tuning was done. I will be sure to get a copy when it's working properly! :)

The plugs are very new ngk coppers and down to 0.55 but I used old coils. They didn't have much use on them but they have been sitting for a few years.

I know that I'm asking a lot from a slightly modified exhaust system and if the new coils and plugs don't pick it up to where it should be then the back pressure test should tell the tale. I'll be sure to organise a longer session and drop the exhaust next time if needed.

Just now, Admin (as if) said:

how far are you from azza puff ? 

Just up the road pretty much, maybe a 45 minute drive.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Nah we’re in the CBD basically now, Living around the corner from the two new Houses we are having built that we’ve got going on so the day’s of hill sprints through Greenwith are gone lol 

Get the most out of it Puffy, go some bit and pieces, take some tools and make ol Bill work for ya ;) 

Get that love bus movin !

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1