Sprint 6 upgrade - GTX3582 or...?

saturnine_07

• Member For: 10y 10m 24d

I've got the gen1 gtx3576r, 390rwkW on 98, 435rwkW on e85. Great for a street car, have gone 11.0 at drags (a better pilot may crack a 10).

Gen2 would definitely be worth a look.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

My fgx with new gt3582r, .70 comp cover, 45mm t smart ext wastegate plumbed back in, 4 inch dump, no cat, stock crossover, k&n panel filter made 414rwkw at 18psi, 382 at 15psi. Stock head. I was wondering if you had the balls to push it, would the power keep climbing if you took it to 25psi on the gt3582r?? I left mine at 382rwkw to preserve its life.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

@saturnine_07Β it's awesome on street, very responsive, iv got worn out 245 tires on it andΒ driving along in 2nd gear tip tronic at 80kph plant boot and it will light them up I have to back off, great in town and tons of topend power, I dont want anymore power, turn traction control off and it can be scary. I would definitely use the same turbo again.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

If it's a GTX3582R the turbo should be good for around 500-520rwkw on E85. The stock engine should be capable of handling it, my G6ET did with stock head bolts. Probably wouldn't hurt to install studs if you're after more power and choose to use E85.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

500kW is REALLY pushing the limits of the stock motor (with valve springs and head studs) and it's basically a ticking time bomb at that point.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

My ticking time bomb lasted 11,000kms on E85 before I reverted it back to stock and sold the car. Apparently tuning is a contributing factor to longevity....apparently πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1