Sprint 6 upgrade - GTX3582 or...?

saturnine_07

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 20d

Doubt it. It only was that low cause I run out of pump.  You just peanut butter and jealous cause I got the best tuner.   

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

15psi just isn't enough to make 400rwkw on 98 on a Barra (on a chassis dyno)

480 is also higher than anything I've ever seen out of a non-modified and non-replaced turbo on a Barra.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

As I said, just because it's on a dyno sheet doesn't mean that the dyno wasn't set to make higher power (and your sheet is 100% from a hub dyno, it even says it on the sheet). Plus, saying "I have the tuner with the only billet block" means basically nothing as buying a billet block just requires enough money and inclination to spend enough money, not necessarily a thing that says "oh, my tuner can extract more power than anybody has ever done out of a un-modified GT3582R on a Barra"...

• Like 3

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
3 minutes ago, k31th said:

"my tuner can extract more power than anybody has ever done out of a un-modified GT3582R on a Barra"...

This is true. Besides Nizpro, my tuner has the most R& D in AUS.  And I didnt say the turbo wasn't un - modified, just that it is factory.  With stock compressor and turbine wheels. 

Keith, your car doesnt even run.  You just cant see outside the box. Its not all what you see on forums. Go talk to some high end tuners and you will understand the differences. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha you're just big-noting yourself with no relevance to this thread due to your "higher figures"...

so you're saying your turbo isn't un-modified... so it has a 0.7 A/R front cover? that explains a lot.

and yes, my car runs... one of them doesn't, but who cares? it's not about me.

R&D doesn't magically make extra horsepower from the same turbo and boost level and engine setup.

• Like 3

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
6 minutes ago, k31th said:

so you're saying your turbo isn't un-modified... so it has a 0.7 A/R front cover? that explains a lot.

R&D doesn't magically make extra horsepower from the same turbo and boost level and engine setup.

Both my cars run factory compressor housings.

Of course R & D makes extra power. . What do you mean by engine set up... Do you think you make 400 with 15Psi with a factory head.....

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 4d

He has the fastest factory-not-factory turbo to not go 250kmh

:stirthepot:

Edit

Arronm if someone is asking what power a factory turbo makes, you can guarantee they're interested in potential that doesn't required a modified head ffs

Edited by camo86T
  • Like 6

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
2 minutes ago, arronm said:

Both my cars run factory compressor housings. 

Of course R & D makes extra power. . What do you mean by engine set up... Do you think you make 400 with 15Psi with a factory head.....

that's what I'm saying, with the same engine as everybody else (e.g. mostly stock, allowing for valve springs, head studs and oil pump gears) without actually doing a bunch of porting etc, then yes, that's what most people have and that's what I'm talking about with regard to figures in this thread (and any other unless other specific unusual modification paths have already been advised to have been taken). If you're going to quote unusual figures, then you should advise you've done other mods that are less travelled pathways.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

that's the BF. My BA makes 410 on 98. 18.5 PSI. with STD mods. 

7 minutes ago, camo86T said:

He has the fastest factory-not-factory turbo to not go 250kmh

:stirthepot:

OP wants 400. He doesnt need to change the turbo. Just have a good port job and large flapper.

7 minutes ago, camo86T said:

Arronm if someone is asking what power a factory turbo makes, you can guarantee they're interested in potential that doesn't required a modified head ffs

I have 2 cars BF and BA . 15 psi is for BF. BA has all STD mods. No head work. But has FG cams..