Software incompatible with ecm/pcm

Regany

• Member For: 4y 9m 26d

Has anyone had issues with fualt codes coming up saying software Incompatible with ecm/pcm and lost comunitcation with ecm/pcm only happens under full load and full boost then a warming light comes on and says comms error the boost gauge on the dash goes all the way up even at no revs, has only started doing it after the tune and the tuner has looked over the settings he put in and said they were normal and is not sure why it's doing it. The car is a 2009 fg f6. Any information would be much appreciated Thanks.

Never happend untill after the tune it would not fault on the dyno and it did about 20 runs, happens in 3rd gear having the foot hard down. I do have a faulty steering alignment sensor but that's a separate system

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

right... so you tuned it, it ran fine until you hit full boost in 3rd gear and those same 3rd/4th gear pulls on the dyno didn't cause any issues?

this post has a similar issue to yours... have you changed the PCM?

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/94279-xr6-07-ecu-fault-pcm/

No I haven't changed the pcm 

And no I wouldnt fualt on the dyno at all, the car dosnt go into limp mode a warning light comes up and then I exit out of it and after about 10secs it goes back to normal