Hail Damage Repair

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 13d

Back on the 19th Jan this year had 2 cars damaged by hail.  My son's Mazda 3 was a write off - just dents everywhere and in some places didn't even know could get dented :verysad1:  However - finally got my FPV repaired today and got to say - am impressed at the technology they have nowadays to repair paintless.  They even pushed back out some trolley war scars ... :roflmbo:

I did a search and didn't find any posts about hail damage so surprised nobody posted up about it so far - especially with the shocker of a hail storm we had back in Jan in Melbourne.  Literally the size of mini tennis balls as in this pic where I saved some in my freezer ...

jjcHH5V.jpg

I used Bears in Bayswater to repair my car - I only saw a handful of dents but they reckon there were 60 dents they repaired in my bonnet alone :omg:  Apparently my car was a Category 1 which is least damage but they claim it would have cost me around $5k to repair - not sure if I heard right though.  I heard separately through RACV Insurance that the threshold for write off is about $8.5k damage (where they deem it is not cost effective to repair the dents).

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

pics of before and after are a must... and if the people doing the work took any pics that'd be great, too :P

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 13d

Yeah @El Andrew thankfully the missus was out that day so as soon as I heard the heavier than usual hail (sounded like golf balls hitting windows and roof of the house) I ran out to the car and drove it into the garage - but farrrk totally forgot about the Mazda 3 parked down the street in all the panic ...   Saw the hail storms in Canberra - still can't get that image of people having a beer under an umbrella in some beer garden when suddenly they got caught in the maelstrom :omg: 

They did good repairs as far as I could tell @k31th - it was annoying me every time I walked out to the car and saw the dents on the bonnet and roof ...

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 10m 25d

Two guys at work were driving in a 90kmh zone when it hit. Lost every single piece of glass on the car and then we're getting hail and full on rain in the car. Said they thought they were going to die! All of the traffic ended up stopped in the middle of the road with cars totally destroyed.