Traded my FG XR6T on a Kia Stinger

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

Hi Guys,

My FG XR6T was 11 year years old and it it was giving me some grief in a couple of areas so I decided to jack it up and run a Kia Stinger underneath as a fix.

Stinger Pro's:

No driveline shunt.  No transmission rollover noise.  Kia Customer Care!  6.8L/100kms on the Hume to Melbourne.  Runs on 91 RON (but I use 95 RON).  7 year warranty.  0-100 in 4.9 secs (fast enough for me).  Can't set the auto to default to Sports Mode (and I do not use the manual paddles behind the wheel). 

Stinger Annoyances:

Invasive automated controls such as Smart (Dumb in my book) Cruise Control.  Automated intermittent wipers set their own speed (and end up running flat out for drizzle).  Less roomy for back seat passengers.  Back window is small limiting rear view.  It's a V6 twin turbo not a V8 twin turbo.  I'm not a fan of V6's.  I'd rather Kia spent their $ on two more cylinders rather than counter-balance shafts but the engine is very smooth.

I've got some FG XR6T bits for sale.  I just tried to donate so I can advertise them on this site.  I hit a snag.  I notified Keith.  Hope to donate soon and advertise.  Items include rear bumper (BNIB), Repco rear drive shafts (BNIB), Factory mag wheel and tyre with 90% tread. 

PAH

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

K31TH,  Yes there's a part of me that wanted to keep the XR6T.  It's an Aussie Icon.  It went well.  If I'd found a way to iron out the few irritating bugs I might have kept it.

I'll use the new URL to make a donation and advertise my XR6T bits on the forum.

I'll dig out some Stinger pics too.

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 25d

The Stinger is a great car, nice one!

I had issues with my xr6t as well, but decided to keep it for sentimental reasons. Looked at the Stinger, but it was too similar to the xr6t - so bought a focus rs. Could not be more different to the xr6t.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 20d
On 02/06/2020 at 10:21 AM, PAH said:

K31TH,  Yes there's a part of me that wanted to keep the XR6T.  It's an Aussie Icon.  It went well.  If I'd found a way to iron out the few irritating bugs I might have kept it.

I'll use the new URL to make a donation and advertise my XR6T bits on the forum.

I'll dig out some Stinger pics too.

PAH

What colour is it. I'll just google it and post up some pics....

• Haha 1