Best bang-for-buck under $250 a corner?

tvxfgolzzfekf

• Member For: 5y 2m

Hey all, I'm back!

Feels like I've asked this already - I'm drunk and thus don't remember - but things can change in over a year.

I'm currently running Nitto Invo 245/35R19 93Y tyres and have since my last car. I think they're acceptably grippy in dry or wet for the price ($223 per tyre as per the current pricing at my local supplier) but they're coming across as quite soft and thus quick wearing which leads me to this thread.

My (ideal) max spend per tyre is $250. Is there a better tyre for the price than the Invos? As said, the grip in dry and wet needs to be similar but a harder compound would be great. Uhhhh probably I can stretch to $275 each, but any more really isn't okay unless they last like twice as long (yeah, right).

If this is an impossible/dumb request please say so, I'm not offended because I know this could be a stupid question in regards to price/limits/specifications. Uh, thanks for any info!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

basically no... $250 for 19's that are correctly load rated is around the bottom of the barrel. If you're willing to bump up the budget a little, then you can go up to Michelin/Continental etc which are super grippy.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

You cant really have a tyre that grips well and lasts. Its a trade off. Just stick with the Invo. that's what I run. Usually get up to 5k from the rears. 

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d
You cant really have a tyre that grips well and lasts. Its a trade off. Just stick with the Invo. that's what I run. Usually get up to 5k from the rears cos I'm an old bastard that doesn't do skids.
FIFY